Energy Innovation and “Smarter Buildings” at IBM in Rochester
Media Contact: Joel Haskard, CERT Co-Director, 612-625-8759, email@example.com
ROCHESTER, MN – How can buildings become “smarter”? Join Southeast Clean Energy Resource Team (SE CERT) for a free event to find out! On Monday, July 11th from 3 – 5pm, SE CERT will host a meeting at IBM’s Rochester facility to learn about the energy efficient, cutting-edge building management programs IBM has created. Meeting attendees will learn about IBM’s energy program in Rochester, tour IBM’s Central Utility Plant, and see how one of the world’s largest corporations is implementing state of the art technologies.
RSVP: By July 6th, register for this free event online at http://secertibm.eventbrite.com or call 612-626-0555.
Sorry, no walk-ins permitted for this event. All registrations MUST be received by July 6th.
- 3:00 – Welcome & Introductions
- Joel Haskard, CERTs
- 3:10 – IBM’s energy program at Rochester MN
- Dave Jaeger, Rochester Site Energy Coordinator
- 3:50 – IBM’s Transformation into a Smarter Building
- Barth Crane, IBM Mechanical Engineer
- 4:10 – Short Break
- 4:15 – Tour of the Central Utility Plant
- Led by Dave Jaeger and Barth Crane
- 5:00 – Meeting Adjourns
• Who: Community members, community leaders, and businesses interested in smart buildings and energy innovation
• What: Free, informational SE CERT meeting on IBM’s energy innovation and Smarter Buildings
• When: Monday, July 11th from 3 – 5 p.m. Must pre-register to attend.
• Where: IBM, Rochester
• How: By July 6th, register for this free event online: http://secertibm.eventbrite.com or call 612-626-0555. Sorry, no walk-ins permitted for this event.
• Why: Learn about the energy efficient building management programs IBM has created, learn about IBM’s energy program at Rochester, and tour IBM’s Central Utility Plant
ABOUT CERTs: The Clean Energy Resource Teams connect Minnesotans and their communities with resources to identify and implement energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. The Clean Energy Resource Teams are diverse—individuals; small business owners; farmers; members of community groups; local utility representatives; educators; local, state and federal government staff and elected leaders—and all share a common interest: They want strong communities, local jobs, and secure, clean, reliable energy.
CERTs is a partnership of the University of Minnesota’s Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships, Eureka Recycling, Southwest Regional Development Commission, The Minnesota Project, and the Minnesota Department of Commerce, Division of Energy Resources. Learn more at www.mncerts.org.
ABOUT IBM: Through a joint effort of IBM Global Business Services, IBM Software Group and IBM Alliance Partner Johnson Controls, IBM’s smarter buildings solution delivers new economic, operational and environmental benefits to IBM facilities.
IBM solutions for Smarter Buildings give building & facilities managers and real estate executives the tools to better manage their buildings’ energy, operations and space. IBM solutions for Smarter Buildings provide insight in to how and where facilities consume energy, how much it costs, how the building has performed over time and which opportunities exist to increase energy and resource efficiency. They help customers understand what equipment they have, what it costs to maintain it and how reliable that equipment is. And IBM solutions for Smarter Buildings help customers understand their buildings’ occupancy level and cost, and help identify opportunities to make the best use of available space.