Looking for a great summer internship? Become a Communications Assistant with CERTs!
Are you a college student looking to gain valuable skills and broaden your professional network while working with a fun and inspired staff to make a real impact on clean energy projects across the state of Minnesota?
Background: The Clean Energy Project Builder (CEPB) connects people with the clean energy industry by helping them find companies that can help them plan, implement, and manage clean energy projects. The online directory features companies that provide products and services for all kinds of solar energy projects, and wind energy projects big and small. The CEPB website is managed by the Clean Energy Resource Teams (CERTs) at the University of Minnesota’s Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships and Extension. Launched in 2003, CERTs is connecting people with the resources needed to identify and implement community-scale energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
About the job: Through the Clean Energy Project Builder website (http://theCleanEnergyBuilder.com), the Clean Energy Communications Assistant will be instrumental in helping people across Minnesota (and beyond) find companies to help them plan and implement clean energy projects. The Assistant will also promote the website to renewable energy companies that should be featured in the directory. The Assistant will raise awareness about CEPB through direct marketing, social media (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, and YouTube), traditional media outreach, and work with existing and new partners. Candidates should be comfortable with websites and other communications tools and activities, good writers, and passionate about clean energy and energy efficiency.
Responsibilities: Work with Communications Coordinator to satisfy weekly communications needs for CERTs. Including but not limited to:
- Promoting the Clean Energy Project Builder website through marketing and outreach efforts
- Creating and editing content for the Clean Energy Project Builder website, in part by soliciting content from partners
- Building and managing outreach lists of clean energy companies that serve Minnesota
- Working to integrate Clean Energy Project Builder more fully into other CERTs Communications
- Attending events for the Clean Energy Project Builder and related initiatives
- Assisting with print, graphic, audio, video, and multimedia publishing
- Creating and editing content for CERTs website—especially the MN Energy Stories blog
- Strong communications skills
- Study in and/or experience with various aspects of communications is preferred
- Comfort with websites, social networking sites, email marketing systems, and other internet-based applications
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people
The important stuff:
- July 2012 through August 2012
- 20 hours a week from the St. Paul Campus of the University of Minnesota; some can be done from home
- Hourly; $12/hr
- CERTs Communications Coordinator
- Wednesday, June 27th at 5pm; Position open until filled
- Send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Dan Thiede, CERTs Communications Coordinator, at thie0235@UMN.EDU
Dan Thiede, CERTs Communications Coordinator
email@example.com or 612.626.0556
University of Minnesota’s Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships
411 Borlaug Hall, 1991 Upper Buford Circle, St. Paul, MN 55108
|Join the conversation:
See comments and add your own >>