Group Seeks Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Contractors
The Southeast Clean Energy Resource Team (SE CERT) is looking to recruit 2-3 temporary contractors from across southeastern Minnesota to assist with its energy efficiency and renewable energy initiatives. The SE CERT region spans 15 counties from Blue Earth and Faribault on the west to Goodhue, Wabasha, Winona and Houston on the east.
Key goals for this position include:
- Assist CERTs with advancing its mission—to connect individuals and communities to the resources they need to identify and implement community-based energy projects—in the Southeast part of Minnesota.
- Connect local government entities—from cities and counties to schools and parks—with information about energy efficiency and renewable energy opportunities, resources, and project models.
- Work to recruit city participation in the Minnesota GreenStep Cities program and assist cities as they begin implementation of the program.
Success for this position will be measured by completion of the following deliverables:
- Documenting outreach to at minimum 10 local units of government regarding energy efficiency resources including benchmarking, PBEEEP, and other financing mechanisms.
- Developing and writing 5 local clean energy success stories.
- Securing 2 new GreenStep cities.
- Connecting, at minimum, 4 local units of government and/or community groups with tools and resources to advance local energy efficiency and/or renewable energy projects.
Interested? If your skills and networks align with these goals, send us your resume and your pitch by January 18th. We aim to have contracts in place by February 1st to work through June 30th, 2012. To discuss the contract details, please contact Lissa Pawlisch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About CERTs: The Clean Energy Resource Teams connect Minnesotans and their communities with resources to identify and implement energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. The Clean Energy Resource Teams are diverse—individuals; small business owners; farmers; members of community groups; local utility representatives; educators; local, state and federal government staff and elected leaders—and all share a common interest: They want strong communities, local jobs, and secure, clean, reliable energy. CERTs is a partnership of the University of Minnesota’s Regional Sustainable Development Partnerships, Eureka Recycling, Southwest Regional Development Commission, The Minnesota Project, and Minnesota Department of Commerce, Division of Energy Resources. Learn more at www.mncerts.org.
Get Media Updates