Accounting Technician I
I. GENERIC DESCRIPTION
The Accounting Technician will be responsible for assisting in keeping a systematic and up-to-date record of the Agency’s financial records. In addition to the accounting responsibilities, she/he will be required to perform other clerical tasks, such as typing, filing and operating standard office machines. She/he will be expected to have a working knowledge of relevant Agency’s systems and procedures.
II. SPECIFIC DESCRIPTION
A. Essential Functions
• Operate electronic calculator, computer processing system(s) and other office machines as necessary.
• Possess working knowledge of the Agency’s central computer system as relevant to position.
• Possess working knowledge of the personal computer - especially Microsoft Office Products and Windows.
• Assist in payroll preparation and distribution.
• Verify and pay program expenses.
• Record daily transactions in journals and ledgers.
• Review trial balances, expense reports, invoices, and budgets monthly.
• Prepare bank deposits and reconciliations.
• Maintain data for and assist in preparing quarterly tax reports, W-2 Forms, year-end 990, 1099 Forms, annual audit and other miscellaneous forms and reports.
• Obtain working knowledge of Agency’s insurance policies.
• Maintain property control records and files.
• Prepare monthly Financial Status Reports, Cash Request Forms, Program close-out packages, and other reports due to funding entities.
• Assist with annual Agency audits and program(s) monitoring review(s).
• Assist with training of new accounting employees.
• Conducts and maintains electronic document imaging/filing for fiscal records.
• Supports the Mission of the Agency.
• Have knowledge and apply Agency policies and procedures, including safety, technology, data practices and other applicable policy, procedure and program regulations.
• Assist program departments with proper fund coding, grant preparation and other accounting related activities.
• Provide feedback with changes in the financial policies and procedures where applicable.
• Other essential job functions as assigned by the supervisor.
B. Secondary Functions
• Deliver deposits to the bank(s).
• Be responsible for ordering supplies and maintaining inventory of supplies.
• Take physical inventory of Fiscal equipment.
• Operate typewriter, word processor and file as it relates to the assigned work.
• Communicate fiscal information necessary to other departments within organization.
• Have organization skills to maintain required fiscal deadlines and duties.
• Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
III. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Possess a one-year accounting certificate or have a minimum one year of post secondary education in accounting or a related field.
• Possess accounting experience.
• Be capable of completing assigned tasks with little supervision.
• Accept additional responsibilities required of Accounting Technician I as assigned by the Fiscal Controller.
• Be computer literate and able to utilize documents established on Microsoft Office Products (data entry).
• Is subject to a Criminal Background Check, the results of which are acceptable to the Agency.
Follow instructions at the link.