Administrative & Human Resources Associate
For more than 27 years, Fresh Energy has been speeding Minnesota's transition to a clean energy economy to ensure that our region enjoys good health, a vibrant economy, and thriving communities today and for generations to come. Our mission is to shape and drive realistic, visionary energy policies that benefit all. Together we are working toward a vision for an economy we thrive in and energy that ensures our well-being.
Starting salary range is $35,000-42,000 depending on relevant experience.
Full-time, exempt position, working 40 hours per week. We believe in work-life balance and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked.
- Provide administrative support for the organization as a whole.
- Welcome office visitors and inform staff of their arrival.
- Answer telephones, accept deliveries, sort and distribute mail.
- Compose, edit, and disseminate reports, memos, and other correspondence.
- In-office contact for all office-related vendors, e.g., IT, printer/copier, phone system, etc.
- Support staff in use of all office-related tools and technologies.
- Administrator for O365's email, calendar, storage, and contacts functions.
- Plan and execute all-staff meetings and activities.
- Responsible for office equipment and supplies and overall office space.
- Provide support on human resource functions.
- Process payroll.
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal and licensing requirements.
- Assist with employee benefits administration.
- Support hiring process and execute onboarding functions.
- Provide lead support on Wellness Initiative efforts and activities.
- Help to maintain a high-level of employee satisfaction by coordinating staff recognition, celebrations, and events.
- Maintain personnel-related policies and documentation.
- Assist in execution of performance and professional development systems.
- Assist with HR-related projects as needed.
- Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable & accounts receivable transactions.
- Process and code invoices for payment.
- Accurately charge expenses to accounts in accounting system and process checks.
- Prepare, verify, and process invoices for payments to be received.
- Enter data on invoices; ensure proper coding on documents.
- Collect on accounts by sending invoice reminders and communications in collaboration with relevant staff; resolve collections.
- Update monthly receivable reports in collaboration with finance team.
- Ensure that the organization's payment records, including W-9's are maintained in an effective, up to date, and an accurate manner.
- Prepare 1099's.
- Participate in culture of fundraising and collaboration and model our core values.
- In collaboration with the development staff, participate in fund development and relationship building efforts by completing at least three contributions from the staff menu of opportunities.
- Work effectively in the context of your immediate team, the broader Fresh Energy team, and with external partners; enhance collaboration by maintaining good communication, seeking and respecting diverse viewpoints, engendering trust, fulfilling responsibilities, and ensuring that all team members and their contributions are valued.
- Model behavior and contribute to a culture that is consistent with Fresh Energy's core values; A critical part of achieving our mission is by living the values we endorse.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate would have a Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 years related experience. Candidates may substitute education with a combination of an Associates Degree or High School Diploma equivalent and at least 4 years of related experience.
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency of Windows/Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook.
- General math skills and knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Desire and ability to hold self and others accountable.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- High level of professionalism in interpersonal skills.
E-mail cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Jillian Theuer at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Administrative & HR Associate". No phone calls, please.