Clean Energy Job Board
Affordable Solar Program Manager
Cooperative Energy Futures (CEF) is a member-owned cooperative business focused on advancing energy democracy through community-controlled renewable energy and energy efficiency. CEF is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and sees unique and diverse perspectives as essential to be able to achieve our mission and live our values. Cooperative Energy Futures develops and operates community solar gardens, currently with 8 projects across Minnesota offsetting the electricity needs of 700 member households at an immediate net savings to our members. CEF has a particular focus on economic and racial justice, working to ensure that all projects are developed using an economic model that is deeply accessible to members regardless of income or credit and including options available at no upfront cost and net monthly savings, as well as prioritizing workforce equity in the solar industry. CEF uses member participation in these projects to build community wealth and activate members from many different communities around a vision for our energy future that is rooted in community-controlled clean energy.
$50,000-$65,000 annual salary based on experience
Generally business hours with some remote work.
This position is responsible for recruiting new host sites and managing implementation for CEF’s Affordable Solar Program, which installs rooftop solar at no upfront cost for low-income residents, including renters in multi-family housing and low-income homeowners. This position will be focused on engaging and securing host sites (affordable housing and other income-qualified housing) for Affordable Solar and managing the process of assessment, incentive application, contractor management, and operations for these sites. This work will be supported by CEF’s Solar Development Manager, CEF’s Outreach and Engagement Team and other staff. The role will include interaction with property owners, program funders, and solar installation/operations providers.
- Experience in project and process management, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working with residential building owners and an understanding of their needs and interests, preferably with low-income/affordable housing
- Ability to retain complex and detailed information about solar, incentives, and program models and translate it for building owners and other partners.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated individual who can take direction and be trusted to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A team player with strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and juggle time-sensitive tasks on deadline.
- Commitment to clean energy, working with community-based organizations, and empowering culturally diverse communities.
- Experience providing services to multi-family building owners, preferably specific improvements for low-income/ affordable housing.
- Experience or familiarity with rooftop solar technology and installation process.
- Experience with solar Interconnection applications, incentive applications, and/or permitting in Minnesota.
- Experience or familiarity with construction contracts and public incentive programs.
- Experience with meeting facilitation and developing action plans as a group.
- Existing relationships with community-based organizations in one or more target communities.
Submit a Resume and a Written Statement explaining why you are interested in this position to [email protected]. Please include the position you are applying for in the Subject Line of the email. We will send additional follow up questions and interview scheduling to candidates we wish to interview. This position will remain open until filled.