Clean Energy Job Board
Air Quality Environmental Engineer
We are seeking a Mid-Senior Level Air Quality Environmental Engineer or Scientist / Project Manager to be located at either our Woodbury or Golden Valley, Minnesota offices as well as at one our client’s offices located in the eastern Twin Cities. The successful candidate will primarily manage and complete projects to assist clients with air quality permitting air quality compliance and reporting, air dispersion modeling, and/or environmental compliance. The successful candidate will manage client relationships, identify and respond to project opportunities, and lead execution of air quality permitting and compliance projects in accordance with the Clean Air Act (CAA) for a wide variety of clients. Categories Stantec serves include power & utilities, renewable energy, oil & gas, food & agriculture, higher education, manufacturing, metals & mining, real estate, and transportation. Miscellaneous administrative tasks may be required.
Information not provided
- Build and maintain existing client relationships.
- Manage projects and project teams to meet client’s scope, schedule, budget, and profit expectations.
- Manage and assist with the preparation of project deliverables.
- Prepare proposals describing scope, schedule, and estimated budget for executing projects.
- Organize and direct project teams for a wide variety of clients with air permitting and environmental compliance tasks.
- Provide quality assurance/quality control of project deliverables.
- Lead development of permitting and compliance strategies on projects.
- Assist clients in identifying appropriate monitoring, planning, training, testing, record-keeping, and reporting protocols.
- Approximately 10 or more years of air quality permitting and compliance experience and 5 or more years of project management experience.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, environmental science, environmental policy or related field.
- Able to develop proposals and manage change related to scope, schedule, and budget for projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of air quality environmental regulations and requirements, including Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) permitting under New Source Review (NSR).
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills and good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both clients and project team members.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software platform, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Able to travel regionally and, as needed, have overnight trips.
- Consulting experience including completion or management of successful air permitting and environmental compliance projects.
- Experience working with Local, State or Federal agencies.
- Air dispersion modeling experience utilizing approved EPA models a plus.
- Work exposure to one or more of the following industrial categories: power & utilities, renewable energy, oil & gas, food & agriculture, higher education, manufacturing, metals & mining, real estate, and transportation.
- PE, CHMM, CPEA, or other registrations a plus.
- Additional experience with program assistance for environmental laws and regulations associated with, but not limited to, Clean Water Act (CWA), Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and Oil Pollution Act (OPA) spill planning a plus.