Analyst, Asset Management
Geronimo Energy, a National Grid Company, is a full-service renewable energy company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Geronimo has developed over 2,400 megawatts of wind and solar projects that are either operational or currently under construction throughout the United States. Geronimo has a multi-gigawatt development pipeline of wind and solar projects in various stages of development throughout the United States. Geronimo provides custom solutions for utilities and corporations looking to harness renewable energy for business growth. With deep roots in agriculture, Geronimo prides itself on developing renewable energy projects that are farmer-friendly, community-driven, and beneficial for rural communities.
Geronimo’s Asset Management team is focused on maximizing the value of assets while maintaining compliance with contractual commitments, market rules, environmental regulations, and applicable permits, laws, and ordinances. The Asset Management Analyst is responsible for analytical and project management support to the Asset Management function and portfolio of operating wind and solar PV projects, including financial and operational reporting, data analysis, financial modeling and forecasting, contract & document management, and energy market participation. The Asset Management Analyst will work closely with external parties and internal support groups such as Operations, Power Markets, Accounting, Finance, Legal, Engineering and Compliance.
- Prepare reports and presentations regarding portfolio performance and financial metrics for investors, lenders and management.
- Identify trends across project inputs and KPIs.
- Work closely with other team members to identify results from actual operations and inform decisions on new and existing transactions.
- Collaborate with the operations engineering team to evaluate and suggest improvement for operational performance.
- Compile financial models with actual data and economic analysis related to operating projects.
- Provide input and review of the pro-forma financial models for new generation assets.
- Coordinate with power marketing to register and commission new assets.
- Perform power market economic analysis related to renewable energy; manage shadow settlements and manage ISO/RTO disputes.
- Assist accounting on financial administration for operating projects including billing and revenue collection, invoice tracking, settlements etc.
- Coordinate certain activities related to sites under construction, including test energy production, substantial completion milestones, and commercial operation declaration.
- Ensure contractual compliance with lease agreements, environmental directives, and RTO/ISO requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Take a lead role in managing and enhancing the document and performance data administration and management systems to increase efficiency and ensure accuracy.
- Contribute information and support for various activities related to assets in operation, including new commercial transactions, operational improvement initiatives, merger and acquisition activity, legal issues, or significant market rule changes in regional transmission organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Engineering, Statistics or similar.
- 1-3 years of experience in Asset Management, Contract Management, Data Analysis, Development, Origination, Construction, Operations, Energy Management, Accounting or Finance roles.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Understanding of grid-tied PV system and wind facility design, operation, management & financing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and financial modeling.
- Advanced degree.
- Solid understanding of economic & business concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to review and analyze financial and technical data with close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Evidence of process development & documentation skills.
- Comfortable working in an unstructured environment.
- Entrepreneurial and able to identify (& execute upon) new opportunities to add value.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting deadlines, and ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent project management skills coupled with organization, flexibility, and strong attention to detail.
- Highly driven and hard working with high standards for themselves and others.
- Enjoy working as a team player.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Apply online at https://geronimoenergy.breezy.hr