Associate Planner Buyer Job
Do you want to start your career at a leading energy company with lots of room to grow? If you’re ready to work hard in an environment where you’ll be challenged, respected, and encouraged to develop your skills and talents, an entry-level job at Xcel Energy is your first step.
Collaborates with BU partners during Work Order creation and coordinates materials/services procurement and fulfillment activities. Develops and implements local procurement strategies to achieve cost, schedule and quality goals. Achieves inventory management, scheduling coordination, supplier management, and process improvement objectives.
- REQUISITIONS: Analyzes medium-dollar materials/services requisitions to determine if fulfillment is needed through Sourcing department. If not, processes requisitions in ERP system in alignment with established procedures. Utilizes master agreements and ensures material/service fulfillment aligns with category strategy.
- BIDDING/AWARD PROCESS: Manages RFX bid packages for regional category buys and small projects leads bid evaluation, analysis, and supplier selection. Identifies tail spend opportunities with the category manager and develops master agreements with key suppliers in line with category strategy. Analyzes and interprets statistical data.
- CONTRACTING: Partners with BU in contract creation, review, analysis, administration, supplier compliance and performance tracking. Represents company’s interests with suppliers/contractors during terms and conditions negotiations. Advises business in problem solving, resolves or escalates issues to Category Manager, and escalates legal exceptions to General Counsel.
- BUSINESS PARTNER RELATIONSHIPS: Develops relationships with BU partners to ensure understanding of risk strategy used for materials, equipment, services. Ensures supply needs and field location questions are met. Facilitates communication between suppliers, BU partners, other SC staff, and management. Collaborates with suppliers to mitigate construction crews’ risk for late materials. Manages logistics of job site deliveries, lay down yards crews, and off-loading activities. Basic understanding of use, form, fit, and function of materials. Train BU partners on SC management processes as needed.
- SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIPS: Develops supplier relationships and provides timely response to questions. Utilizes reporting tools and analysis to support material delivery, disposition, and returns. Monitors supplier activities and collaborates with category manager to improve the supplier relationship. May contribute to formal supplier performance meetings and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- SOURCING STRATEGY & PRACTICE: Discusses sourcing strategy with cross-functional BU, and category teams. Uses sourcing best practices to effectively conduct assignments. Ensures adherence to sourcing policies, procedures, and maintenance of documentation and records. Drives demand to existing master agreements when possible.
- MATERIAL/DELIVERY MANAGEMENT: Partners with logistics staff and ensures efficient use of inventory and critical direct ship items. Monitors status of material orders and service contracts, and expedites deliveries to meet schedule commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree in SC Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pursue Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Up to 10% local travel.
- 1+ year of SC or related experience
- Experience in plant or utility field operations, finance or business administration
- Basic contract knowledge, negotiation and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems
Follow instructions at the link.