AVP, Corporate Development Job
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Based on qualifications
40 hours a week
- Leads and develops the corporate development team responsible for negotiating and executing mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures to enhance financial performance and corporate capabilities.
- Leads efforts to evaluate, recommend, and develop strategic growth opportunities in coordination with Xcel senior leadership.
- Responsible for developing and executing on asset level strategies focused on renewable energy and new technologies to enhance long term growth and positioning in the market for the company.
- Develop and manage a methodology for assessment and review of the Xcel business portfolio for financial contribution and strategic fit.
- Implement and manage a process for the screening and evaluation of business development opportunities and competitive threats.
- Lead and manage the evaluation, and execution of corporate expansion opportunities including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, or joint ventures.
- Assess opportunities for financial contribution and strategic fit.
- Coordinate and conduct financial valuations, due diligence reviews, and internal risk assessment of potential sale or acquisition.
- Lead negotiations of purchase/sales agreements, including all significant terms and conditions.
- Prepare materials supporting the transaction for senior management and board review and approval.
- Identify, develop, and implement asset level strategies focused on renewable energy and new technologies to support the Company’s strategic direction.
- Partner with Operating Companies, Chief Customer Officer, and Business Areas to develop and implement such strategies and ensure alignment with operating company long-term plans.
- Lead efforts to gain approvals of proposed transactions through negotiations and regulatory filings.
- Lead efforts to negotiate and obtain all required consents for proposed transactions from third parties.
- Coordinate and manage the accounting, tax, financial, operational, and human resources activities to ensure appropriate conduct of business in compliance with purchase agreements.
- Formulate and recommend corporate directional focus for development, expansion, or divestiture to enable the implementation of the strategic and financial objectives of Xcel.
- Develop and manage a consistent methodology for the screening and prioritization of business opportunities and resource allocation.
- Evaluate Xcel’s portfolio of businesses and assess the gaps that exist in the corporation relative to capabilities, markets, business scope, and investment risk/return, and recommend approaches to close those gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or financial field.
- MBA strongly desired.
- Ten or more years of business development experience, or equivalent experience in financial fields.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven analytical and financial analysis capabilities.
- Strong negotiating skills. Capable of integrating technical, managerial, and business judgment.
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level management and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to work well within a team, and to successfully lead and interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in or extensive knowledge of an energy related field.
Apply through company website at link below.