Business Development Associate
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners, and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience, the range for this position is $17-$20 an hour
The Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) seeks a full-time Business Development Associate to support CEE’s commercial programming. The Business Development Associate is responsible for generating quality leads and sales opportunities through outbound communication to new and existing business customers to help the One-Stop Efficiency Shop® (One-Stop) team meet sales objectives and program goals. One-Stop is a successful, full-service energy efficiency rebate program that offers lighting and HVAC assessments to qualified small and medium-sized businesses in Xcel Energy Minnesota service territory. This is a full-time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance and retirement plan. The position has no direct reports.
This position is based in our North Loop office but is currently remote to align with CEE’s COVID-19 response policies. We anticipate this position to return to the office in accordance with CEE’s return to work plan.
- Research, help define, and initiate outreach to new prospects/sales opportunities through outbound calls and emails. This activity will require approximately 80% of the employee’s time.
- Quickly learn about the key features of our programs and associated technology and be able to communicate this information clearly and persuasively to potential program participants
- Participate in the development and execution of sales strategies and marketing campaigns targeted at specific customer segments
- Collaborate with sales management, outside sales staff, and marketing to identify and develop strategies to support new and/or existing sales opportunities
- Help develop metrics and associated reporting to capture customer feedback in order to equip outside sales staff with current market trends
- Create reports to cross-sell and up-sell additional program offerings.
- Participate in appropriate training opportunities to maintain knowledge of organization, program offerings, and relevant technical advancements
- Meet or exceed targeted sales, outbound call activity, and lead generation goals on a consistent basis
- Leverage customer relationship management (CRM) system to track and manage campaigns, customers, and opportunities and update all prospect and customer activity daily
- Effectively manage pipeline activity using best practice follow-up techniques and aligning with ongoing marketing campaigns and sales priorities with the goal of moving quality leads to the assessment phase
- Participate in weekly sales meetings and one-on-one manager meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Is confident, self-assured, and not afraid of cold calling/cold emailing or following up multiple times to generate quality opportunities
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills, especially persuasion, to clearly convey the benefits of a service to potential customers
- Able to successfully meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales objectives
- Driven to pursue continuing education in product knowledge, applications, and selling best practices
- Able to effectively integrate with a highly productive, motivated, and collaborative team
- Ability to quickly learn and work with complex software packages
- Is well-versed in phone etiquette and customer service
- 2 year degree is preferred, but equivalent professional work experience with a proven track record of success is acceptable
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM preferred
- Prior experience in energy efficiency field a plus
- Proven track record of new business generation resulting in improved KPIs
- 2+ years of recent phone sales experience and experience making outbound calls strongly preferred
- Sitting for long periods of time, completing tasks using a computer and other office equipment
- Position requires frequent talking, hearing, and vision with occasional standing, walking, and reaching
- May require lifting to 10 lbs
Please visit our website to apply: mncee.org/employment