Clean Energy Job Board
BUYER - SOLAR
People are Mortenson’s greatest strength. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and is honored to receive a 40+ Top Workplace Awards since 2002. Mortenson is built on the values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. Our purpose is to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society. Our success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on creating an exceptional customer experience.
Mortenson is currently hiring a Buyer for HQ-Minneapolis for Solar Group. The Buyer would be responsible for working with project teams and suppliers to purchasing materials, supplies, equipment and services.
- Develop relationships with suppliers: solicit bids, analyze quotations, interview prospective suppliers, and select suppliers
- Purchase items and services at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements, and other factors
- Create and maintain catalogs for each operating group that is supported
- Propose purchase transactions that higher authority approve prior to final action
- Analyze individual markets, manage budget and increase margin on a regular basis, track trends in purchasing habits
- Arrange returns for unacceptable products to suppliers
- Track order status from time of placing order until delivery and communicate status to project teams
- Enter purchase orders, retain contact with suppliers to ensure delivery of material on a timely basis
- Visit job sites or offices quarterly at a minimum to better understand their challenges and educate them on procurement so that streamlined processes can be implemented
- Carry out special projects as assigned
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, construction management or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in purchasing field
- Knowledge of construction processes, equipment and materials, purchasing processes and procedures
- Distribution experience preferred
- Negotiating, organizing, planning, verbal and communication skills
- Strong customer service and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Oracle experience preferred
- Current driver's license
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this job.