Civil Project Engineer
EVS, Inc. is celebrating 39 years in business. We've been serving our clients' Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Land Surveying needs since 1979. Our firm offers specialized services to meet the demands of a variety of projects for private corporations, governmental agencies, EPC contractors, developers, and architects.
Depends on qualifications
40 hours per week
EVS, Inc. is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our Military Design Group. We design state-of-the-art training facilities for our soldiers to maximize their readiness for deployment.
The Civil Engineer will perform activities related to the site design of Military Land Development projects including site planning, grading, utility design, stormwater modeling, erosion control design, and writing of SWPPPs and stormwater reports. We are seeking an Engineer who shares our passion for high quality design, loyalty to clients and a fast-paced work environment. This position will serve as a member of an integrated design team and be responsible for coordinating civil design alongside other disciplines to meet project schedules and deliverables.
EVS Sectors of work include:
- Military land development
- Commercial development
- Renewable energy development (Solar and Wind)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with and/or lead preparation of design documents for civil site design including calculations, drawings and civil specifications
- Drafting and design with Autocad Civil 3D ie. Mass grading, utilities, road corridors, volume earthwork comparisons, surface creation with feature lines and grading objects, etc
- Stormwater modeling and basin design. Report writing.
- Attend team coordination meetings with other disciplines. Potential for occasional travel out-of-town and out-of-state for project site investigation visits and meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 3-8 years of experience in any Civil site design related industry ie. Residential, commercial, etc.
- Experience with Corps of Engineers projects and/or prior service with the Armed Services is preferred, but not required.
- EIT required, PE preferred
- Proficient with Autocad Civil 3D and HydroCAD
- Must have a customer service mindset
- Must be detail oriented and efficient in problem solving
- Experience in or willingness to research DOT, utility, and storm water and erosion control requirements in or out of state jurisdictions