Civil Project Engineer
Geronimo Energy, a National Grid company, is a full-service renewable energy development company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in southwest Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, New York, Colorado, Alabama and Michigan. Geronimo Energy provides custom renewable energy solutions for utilities and corporations looking to harness renewable energy for business growth. Geronimo Energy has developed a multi-gigawatt renewable energy portfolio of projects that are either currently under construction or in operation throughout the United States. Geronimo has an open work environment that is flat by design and in function.
Information not provided
40 hours per week
Geronimo Energy is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to join its Engineering and Construction team. They will perform tasks essential to the Engineering and Construction team, will lead specific projects that have a real impact, and will have the opportunity to greatly contribute to the future success of Geronimo Energy.
- Specification and Scope of Work Development
- Develop specifications and scopes of work for all civil, structural, and geotechnical engineering aspects of renewable projects.
- Be the owner of the documents and manage revisions
- Site Visits and Inspections
- Site meetings to review engineering issues that arise.
- Verify compliance with the engineered design.
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Manage consultant, engineering firm, and material procurement RFP's and contracts.
- Act as the internal SME for solar trackers and manage the relationships with the solar tracker vendors.
- Design Review
- Manage the civil, structural, and geotechnical engineering design review process for projects moving forward with construction.
- Early Stage Development Engineering
- Assist Developers with engineering issues that arise early on projects in the development process.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates, leadership, and vendors/consultants from around the world.
- Will need to be a self-starter and be able to manage working between many different projects at the same time.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
- Solar structural design and single-axis tracker experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, in the utility-scale renewable energy sector
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote wind and solar energy sites, approximately 20% travel.