Clean Energy Community Development Specialist
The Upper Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission (UMVRDC) is a five county development agency providing services to local units of government. Its membership is comprised of representatives of townships, cities, counties, school boards, and public interest groups. Geographically, the UMVRDC represents the counties of Big Stone, Chippewa, Lac qui Parle, Swift and Yellow Medicine.
Salary starting at $63,000+ depending on experience. $1,000 signing incentive!
This position is grant funded for a three-year period.
The position would be full time and would start March 1, 2024 or as negotiated.
Employees work in a hybrid environment with some days in the office in Appleton and some days working from home.
Position requires regular travel and meetings within the region and occasional meetings throughout MN.
- Primary responsibilities will include funding research and grant writing in the clean energy field.
- Work with city, county, tribal, school district, township, state and federal agency staff in developing and implementing projects.
- Establish and implement annual goals and strategies that would develop and attract funding for clean energy projects in the region.
- Regularly report program progress to individual local units of government, regional development commission board, and other local committees as determined.
- Work on projects in both an individual and with other members of the UMVRDC staff and partners organizations.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communications skills, including those related to collaboration, influencing, relationship building and strategic integrative thinking including:
- Coordinating and facilitating public meetings or workshops about clean energy funding.
- Developing and implement community surveys to identify clean energy opportunities.
- Researching, compiling and analyzing data.
- Promote the clean energy services at the UMVRDC through various means of community outreach (web, email, mail, personal visits, newsletters, press releases).
- Utilize strong computer-based skills (MS Office365 Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, social media) to write and develop technical professional plans, reports, and documents.
- Preferred education includes a degree in planning, urban studies, recreation planning, public administration, project management, geography, environmental studies, economics, political science or a related field.
- Two to five years of related experience preferred.
- Occasional night meetings and regular travel is required.
- Valid Class D Driver’s License required.
- Fluency in English language sufficient to communicate effectively with internal/external stakeholders and public both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and applications in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- This position requires the individual work 40+ hours per week.
- All finalists considered will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter showcasing three things their education and/or experience can contribute to this position. This information should be sent to:
UMVRDC Executive Director 323 West Schlieman Ave., Appleton MN 56208 [email protected]
- Select candidates will be asked to complete a full application and provide responses to a list of areas of expertise related to this position.
- Select candidates are interviewed.