Clean Energy Job Board
Client Engagement and Proposal Development Manager
Center for Energy and Environment is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis, St. Paul’s Midway, and satellite locations in other cities. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners, and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota’s quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience, we expect the hiring range for the position to be $65,000-$67,000.
CEE is seeking a Client Engagement and Proposal Development Manager. Reporting to the Director of Program Development, this newly created role supports strategic client development to expand revenue from CEE’s current and future business partners. This position also coordinates CEE's ability to deliver compelling winning proposals in response to RFP opportunities. The person in this strategic position will combine their proposal development expertise, communications, and client management skills to support CEE’s growth plans. Critical attributes include exceptional communication, teamwork, flexibility, ability to motivate, and a "do-whatever-it-takes" attitude. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. Responsibilities also include the creation and implementation of all necessary proposal processes and procedures.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Act as an essential connection point between the company and the customer.
- End to end ownership and command of the proposal development process including:
- Developing an efficient, standardized process to manage organizational and creative tasks with the goal of improving CEE’s business development communication efforts.
- Coordinating, reviewing, editing, and writing proposals with input from a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct business intelligence: find out what current and future clients want that intersects with CEE's interest and capabilities.
- Monitor request for proposal (RFP) opportunities from new and existing clients.
- Coordinate client communications internally for new business development.
- Represent CEE at conferences and other external events.
- Monitor request for proposal (RFP) opportunities from potential clients.
- Develop presentations as needed for internal and external audiences.
- Collaborate with CEE’s marketing team on messaging, positioning, channels, and tactics to continually support CEE’s growth and program development strategies.
- Create and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals to customers/clients.
- Other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or equivalent.
- Excellent communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- 5+ years of experience in people and project-managing the development of grants and proposals
- Previous experience as a lead in a functional area, managing cross-functional teams on large scale projects or supervisory experience including hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff.
- At least 2 years' experience in the utility/energy sector preferred
- Proven planning, promotion, implementation, and organization skills, along with a high degree of attention to detail
- Credential in project management such as PMP or Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Strong time management skills
- Strong written English language skills
- Expert skills using Microsoft Word, intermediate or better skills in Excel, SharePoint/One Drive, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite preferred.
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our first priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Apply online by going to https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us