Commercial Energy Efficiency Advisor
CEE is a data-driven, consumer-focused, and community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We’re curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance. Our staff includes creative & pragmatic environmentalists, program developers & implementers, engineers, technical experts, and research professionals. Our organizational culture is professional but easy-going, with a deep emphasis on collaboration, innovation, and technical expertise. We're proud to operate in Minnesota, a national leader in clean energy and energy efficiency, and increasingly employ staff across the nation.
Depending upon on qualification and education, the salary range for this position is expected to be between $63K - $65K.
As an Energy Advisor at CEE, you'll leverage your exceptional communication skills and expertise in identifying energy efficiency opportunities within large commercial buildings. This role is multifaceted, encompassing a holistic approach to energy reduction. Responsibilities include enrolling customers, conducting energy audits, finding conservation opportunities, devising energy roadmaps, facilitating funding acquisition from utilities and other sources, coordinating contractor support, and providing sustained monitoring and assistance through the implementation of all identified opportunities.
This is a full-time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, paid parental leave, as well as a retirement plan.
- Establish and cultivate trust with customers seeking to reduce energy costs by providing expert guidance.
- Lead customers through multi-year energy enhancement initiatives.
- Collect and document information relevant to optimizing building energy use.
- Collaborate with CEE’s engineering team to analyze assessment data and generate energy-saving recommendations for customers.
- Present detailed energy audit reports to customers and explain efficiency recommendations.
- Coordinate with contractors to facilitate support for implementation work.
- Input data into software tools including customer relationship management (Salesforce) and various analytic tools.
- Monitor and track energy conservation opportunities for individual customers, offering ongoing advice and support.
- Assist with applications for rebates and other project funding opportunities.
- Respond to and address customer inquiries through phone, email, text and in person.
- Promote and present the energy efficiency program to customers, contractors, and at energy events to spur project activity.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered
- Excellent verbal, written communications, and people skills.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- 3+ years of experience working with commercial HVAC systems, building controls, and/or providing commercial/industrial energy assessments
- Preferred experience on ASHRAE Level I, II or III audits.
- Self-motivated, responsible, efficient, and accurate.
- Eagerness to explore and learn about emerging and cutting-edge technologies.
- Possession of valid driver’s license and reliable transportation for travel between office and worksites.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Must be flexible to handle a wide work variety and work at a fast pace
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to view and operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop, for extended periods of time creating, composing, and reviewing documents and spreadsheets.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a minimal amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects (ex: carrying tool bags for onsite work)
Working Conditions Requirements
- Ability to work out of the office in the field which may include working around rotating equipment, high voltage, or warm, humid areas.
- Ability to climb ladder to reach rooftop of up to 2 story building as necessary in order to examine HVAC equipment.
- All safety equipment needed to perform job will be provided by CEE along with training on how to use safety equipment.
Apply online by visiting our website!