Clean Energy Job Board
Commercial Sales of Energy Efficiency Services
Staples Energy delivers energy savings to homes, businesses and public facilities. With current operations in California, Wisconsin and Illinois, our certified journeyman electricians, BPI raters, HVAC technicians, solar, and weatherization specialists work with customers to provide energy upgrades that result in long-term savings on utility bills and a safer, more inviting environment.
- Skillfully introduce Staples Energy and explain the energy savings program to the customer
- Perform an energy assessment of a customer’s business according to the program guidelines
- Identify and record opportunities for saving energy and review them with the customer
- Explain the enrollment process and collect all necessary documents
- Sell the customer on the benefits of energy efficiency upgrades
- Discuss the installation process and any special accommodations the customer may need
- Ability to conduct cold calls and meet with business owners face-to-face
- Maintain a good driving record, valid driver’s license, and a qualified level of vehicle insurance
- Pass all background and drug screens
- Ability to close a sale and work with a diversity of people
- Ability to generate leads through cold calls
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Punctuality and flexibility to meet appointments and adapt to changing schedules
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in a sales environment, specifically the energy field
- Knowledge of the energy field including lighting and/or refrigeration
If you’re an outgoing pro and energy efficiency seems like something you would be interested in, we want to hear from you! Submit your resume and put some effort and creativity into your cover letter/email. We do read them!
Please visit our career page and submit an application.