Clean Energy Job Board
Commercial Solar Specialist
At Blue Horizon Energy, we help commercial customers save money by taking control of their electricity expenses with solar power and energy efficiency solutions. Over the last 13 years our team of passionate individuals has delivered hundreds of turn-key projects to customers across the Midwest. We're looking for ambitious, dedicated, and positive Sales Representatives to join our growing company.
Do you want to be a part of a cutting edge industry and market? Does your current sales role really help shape the future?
As a commercial solar specialist you are the day-to-day face of the company, representing Blue Horizon Energy. You'll help educate prospects on how solar energy could add value to their individual business, design proposals to meet each customer's specific circumstances and needs, and guide customers through the research-to-purchase process. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales.
Our ideal candidate is organized, self-motivated, process-driven and collaborative in supporting businesses transition to clean, renewable energy.
$50,000 - $175,000 a year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Your primary role is to develop new business opportunities that lead to three sales presentations per week.
- Learn, understand and articulate our products and sales proposals within the first 30 days.
- Through a consultative sales process, focused on selling the value, you will align customer objectives with best in class solar solutions.
- Within the first 90 days, successfully engage with and account for $4M in sales prospects.
- By the 6 month mark, be able to consistently generate new opportunities, leveraging current BHE customers.
- Take ownership of your sales territory with the goal of understanding market dynamics.
- By 12 months you will be expected to bring in at least five new clients.
Experience, skills and ability required
Those successful in this position are quick learners, have the discipline to follow a structured sales process, are natural with their follow up, attention to detail focused and spend more than 50% of their time outside of the office - customer facing. Most importantly you possess a genuine interest in helping business leaders with a positive and proactive approach, to achieve their operational goals.
- 2+ years of experience in similar consultative sales roles.
- Working knowledge Excel spreadsheets, email and CRM systems.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with valid automobile insurance and a good driving record.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous technical or large capital sales experience.
- Solar energy sales experience.
This is a sales role. Candidates are encouraged to be creative and stand out. How would you sell us?