Clean Energy Job Board
Clean Grid Alliance (CGA) is a nonprofit organization whose 50+ members include wind, solar and energy storage developers and manufacturers, non-profit environmental, public interest and clean energy advocacy organizations, farmer organizations, and other businesses that support renewable energy. CGA is a vital player in the fast-changing renewable energy sector. Renewable energy (and other technologies that will enable a renewable future) is growing rapidly and includes wind, solar, storage, and other emerging technologies—all of which will need CGA's expertise and engagement in the years to come. CGA’s current footprint includes nine states: North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Missouri.
The salary range for the Communications Associate position is commensurate with salaries offered at similar non-profit organizations, but depends upon experience and the candidate’s qualifications. Excellent benefits including employer paid health and dental insurance, generous vacation, paid holidays, and employer contribution to retirement plan after employee is vested.
9 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
Clean Grid Alliance seeks a Communications Associate to assist with internal and external communications activities. CGA is looking for an ambitious, personable self-starter who can complete projects on-time and work both independently as well as part of a team. The successful candidate will have good written/oral communication skills, experience in graphic design, and will be social media savvy. The Communications Associate will work with the Communications Director to develop and implement effective communications strategies to support the organization’s mission to Advance Renewable Energy in the Midwest. The Communications Associate will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing staff and gain valuable experience advancing policies to meet clean energy goals in the upper Midwest. The location for the position is in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Content Creation and Editing (40%)
- Create infographics, fact-sheets, short videos, social media content and other copy for public audiences
- Coordinate, maintain and update the organization’s social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Write and copy-edit blog posts, editorials and Letters to the Editor
- Assist in the production of the new CGA Podcast and promote appropriately on social media
Website Duties (5%)
- Track and analyze website and social media analytics
- Maintain up-to-date information on the CGA website
Member and Stakeholder Communication (20%)
- Gather and write content for two monthly newsletters, maintain distribution lists, and facilitate distribution
- Encourage CGA members to actively participate in CGA state working groups
- Coordinate and participate with other state and regional groups on clean energy activities and special projects
- Update and maintain media lists
Event Coordination (15%)
- Create and post promotional material for social media
- Coordinate and maintain event guest lists
- Track and bill event sponsorships
- Other tasks as assigned
Administrative Responsibilities (20%)
- Assist Staff in facilitating new Member on-boarding process
- Manage and maintain CGA Members distribution lists
- Manage CGA State Working Group members list and database
- Assist with CGA quarterly meeting preparations; facilitate Zoom meetings
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) is strongly desired.
- Experience with Canva and other content creation software is preferred.
- Experience in Google Analytics and Constant Contact preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Efficiency and persuasiveness in oral and written communications required.
- Experience working with large groups of individuals/organizations with different points of view required.
- Proven ability to meet frequent deadlines and balance multiple tasks required.
- Dedication to advancing the cause of renewable energy highly desired.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject Communications Associate 2022. Word and PDF format are preferred.
No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. Position is open until filled.
Clean Grid Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.