Clean Energy Job Board
We are seeking an intelligent, dynamic, competent, collaborative, creative, strategic, positive, responsible and experienced communications, marketing and pr leader wanting to change the world. Outstanding communication and collaboration skills and a commitment to practicing and promoting sustainability are essential. The position will work with the President and Executive Director (to be hired) to increase the impact and recognition of the Alliance while fulfilling its mission and values.
This is a virtual contract position for a minimum of a year. It will begin at 20 hours/week @ $15/hour, with the goal of increasing hours and pay, ultimately to a full-time position with benefits. The times of work are flexible except for two weekly staff meetings. Depending on the applicant and organization, the position might be combined with the half-time Administrative Coordinator to become a full-time Administrative and Communications Coordinator with possibilities for upgrading the title as well.
The Alliance for Sustainability (www.afors.org) was created as a tax-exempt nonprofit in 1983 by visionaries from around the world with a mission to co-create sustainability on a personal, organizational, and planetary level. We’ve always defined sustainability as being ecologically sound, economically viable, socially just and humane, embodying our highest values in terms of how we treat people, animals and the planet.
We are a dynamic, growing, diverse, inclusive and high-impact social enterprise co-creating, catalyzing and scaling an alliance for a healthy, equitable, thriving and kind world of sustainability from an open-hearted center of deep listening, empathy, compassion and collaboration. We are committed to the fulfillment of every person’s fundamental needs and achievement of large, measurable goals through our SHE Kindness Campaign (Sustainability, Health, Equity and Kindness) bringing about personal and organizational transformation, impactful campaigns and policy shifts and fundamental systems change.
Commitment to Diversity
The Alliance is committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and an environment that is welcoming, positive, respectful, supportive, empowering, equitable and collaborative. We seek people who will bring their whole selves and broaden our perspectives and culture as we co-create a world of sustainability, health, equity and kindness. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer with an equitable, accessible recruitment process.
It will begin at 20 hours/week @ $15/hour, with the goal of increasing hours and pay, ultimately to a full-time position with benefits.
20 hours/week, the times of work are flexible except for two weekly staff meetings.
- Lead the Administration Team and implementation and updating of the Administration plan with Board members, interns and professionals, including goals, reports, database, cyber security, etc.
- Financial management, including donations (PayPal, GoFundMe, GiveMN, etc.) and thank yous, grants, checkbook, deposits, accounts payable/receivable, and Quickbooks, as well as working with accountant for timely financial reports and tax filings.
- Complete fundraising tasks and Annual Report as needed: set up GiveMN account for Give to the Max, update GoFundMe page and add donations to Databank and Google Spreadsheets.
- Assist with research on possible funders and writing grant applications and letters of inquiry, conduct outreach to foundations, and overseeing intern foundation research/work.
- Keep Sustainability Partners spreadsheet updated, monitor spreadsheet and Partner benefits to ensure that each partner gets the benefits they are promised, send out Partner thank you letters and digital files of Declaration, Sustainability Poster, etc. as needed.
- Manage information and other systems, monitor firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com email accounts, manage Alliance Google for Nonprofits, keep Shared Google Drive organized and up-to-date and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Handle HR responsibilities, including processing of staff payments through Paypal, helping to recruit, on-board, train and manage new staff, interns and volunteers. Manage contact info for files and website, handle access to Shared Google Drive, and orient about specific projects.
- Assist with SHE Kindness School and Business Programs supervision, logistics, training, presentations and outreach, plus tabling and representing and speaking at events.
- Prepare and help facilitate weekly Zoom staff meetings and monthly meetings for Development, Program, Communications, and Administration Teams, as well as Dream Team and other meetings. Take notes and post on Alliance Google docs.
- Conduct research, negotiations and purchasing of goods and services for the Alliance
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with classes in management, administration, HR, sustainability, environment, health, social justice, and related fields
- 1-2 years combined work or internship experience in sustainability, equity, management and administration, ideally including non-profit management
- Knowledge of various aspects of sustainability and commitment to sustainability, health, equity and kindness in personal and professional life
- Working knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office, Google Suite applications, Quickbooks, CRMs like the Databank, Zoom, WordPress and social media sites, along with a comfort with problem-solving technical computer, cell phone, website and application issues.
- Extremely strong written, verbal, speaking and inter-personal communications skills
- Positive and professional attitude with honesty, integrity, openness, flexibility, responsibility, creativity, interest in personal growth and ability to listen, learn and contribute
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, problem-solve, learn new skills as needed, and remain highly organized while managing multiple projects
Qualified candidates should submit an email with a cover letter expressing their interest and availability and summarizing their qualifications, along with a resume and references to: Terry Gips, President, Alliance for Sustainability Email: firstname.lastname@example.org If there are questions you can call 612-940-4939 (cell).
Application Deadline: January 4, 2022 or on a rolling basis until position is filled