Clean Energy Job Board
Our team members are passionate about expanding access to renewable energy solutions to every American energy consumer and are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves. We are committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in the workplace and in the communities with which we partner. If you will enjoy working in a growing organization with a collegial work environment, and in a fast paced and self-starting culture, you are probably a great fit for our team!
Mission and Core Principles
The Coalition for Community Solar Access is a national Coalition of businesses and non-profits working to expand customer choice and access to solar for all American households and businesses through community solar. Our mission is to empower every American energy consumer with the option to choose local, clean, and affordable community solar. We work with customers, utilities, local stakeholders, and policymakers to develop and implement policies and best practices that ensure community solar programs provide a win, win, win for all, starting with the customer.
We promote policies, programs, and practices that:
- Allow all consumers the opportunity to participate in and directly economically benefit from the construction and operation of new clean energy assets.
- Provide equal access for community solar providers to build and operate community solar projects and interconnect those projects to the serving utility’s grid.
- Incorporate a fair bill credit mechanism that provides subscribers with an economic benefit commensurate with the value of the long-term, clean, locally-sited energy produced by community solar projects.
- Support the participation of diverse customer types in community solar programs, and encourage customer choice with providers, product features, and attributes to catalyze innovation and best serve customers.
- Encourage transparent, non-discriminatory utility rules on siting, and interconnecting projects, and collaboration with utilities to facilitate efficient siting and interconnection.
- Ensure that community solar projects are operated and maintained well to protect customers and providers’ investment.
- Ensure full and accurate disclosure of customer benefits and risks in a standard, comparable manner that presents customers with performance and cost transparency.
- Comply with applicable securities, tax, and consumer protection laws to reduce customer risk and protect the customer.
- Maintain a 360-degree view of the community solar market and ensure a beneficial role for all parties in the partnerships forged between subscriber, provider, and utility.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary range is between $100,000 - $150,000 with the opportunity to participate in an additional performance incentive plan. Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and skills of the applicant, and alignment with market data.
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Benefits include a company sponsored, flexible reimbursement plan for health/dental/vision insurance benefits. The reimbursement plan covers up to 100% of premiums, in addition to co-pays and out-of-pocket expenses. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) plan.
The Coalition for Community Solar Access (“CCSA”) is seeking qualified applicants for the role of a communications director to lead CCSA’s communications efforts with an immediate start date.
You will serve on CCSA’s leadership team and spearhead all of CCSA’s communications activity with the aim to open, protect and serve community solar markets across the nation. You will work closely with our executive director, campaigns director, regional staff, and board of directors to develop and execute a communications strategy and narrative about community solar that supports our campaigns and growth of the industry.
- Work closely with our campaign director, regional directors, external lobbying firms and state communications agencies to develop and execute communications and public relations strategies to support state level campaigns to open new, and defend existing, community solar markets.
- Create a consistent drumbeat of content in traditional, social, and digital media that influences policy and regulatory stakeholders and positions CCSA as a national thought leader in community solar and best in class trade association.
- Represent CCSA in national coalitions/partnerships from a communications perspective to ensure we are maximizing value from participating and that our positions and interests are being represented.
- Establish relationships with industry and non-industry mainstream media and develop and place stories and content that support our campaigns including op-eds, press releases, position papers, and other types of content.
- Enhance and manage Community Solar News (our content platform) to ensure strong engagement and reach. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining a robust content calendar, developing story briefs, managing our content writers, and working with developers to optimize user experience.
- Manage the CCSA brand and website to ensure it effectively communicates the community solar story and positions the organization as a leading trade association.
- Work with our executive director and operations director to ensure best-in-class executive communication, internal communication, and member communications.
- Establish clear goals and KPIs to measure the effectiveness of communications strategies.
- Communications or public affairs experience working for an organization, campaign, government entity, politician, regulator, or company that is trying to influence policy
- Proven track record of developing and executing impactful external communications strategies and tactics, including message development, media relations, social media, and digital
- Excellent written (and spoken) communications skills with an ability to translate complex topics into smart content for specific audiences
- Demonstrative experience distilling complex policy or technology concepts into plain language
- Ability and interest in leveraging multiple mediums to deliver a message including media, blog posts, social media, and more
- Strong intellect, a broad perspective, and the confidence to interact with a wide range of topic experts within politics, energy, and business
- Demonstrated ability to work and manage stakeholders in a fast-changing, entrepreneurial, and sometime ambiguous environment
- (Optional) Experience with electricity markets, renewable energy, solar energy, and distributed solar
Please send resume and cover letter to Matt Hargarten - email@example.com - with the subject line “Communications Director Role – YOUR NAME”.
The Coalition for Community Solar Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.