Clean Energy Job Board
Cooperative Energy Futures (CEF) is a member-owned cooperative business focused on advancing energy democracy through community-controlled renewable energy and energy efficiency. CEF is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and sees unique and diverse perspectives as essential to be able to achieve our mission and live our values. Cooperative Energy Futures develops and operates community solar gardens, currently with 8 projects across Minnesota offsetting the electricity needs of 700 member households at an immediate net savings to our members. CEF has a particular focus on economic and racial justice, working to ensure that all projects are developed using an economic model that is deeply accessible to members regardless of income or credit and including options available at no upfront cost and net monthly savings, as well as prioritizing workforce equity in the solar industry. CEF uses member participation in these projects to build community wealth and activate members from many different communities around a vision for our energy future that is rooted in community-controlled clean energy.
$50,000-$60,000 annual salary based on experience
Flexible with some remote work and occasional event-based evening or weekend work.
This position is responsible for managing the organizations public communications and presence including guiding design of marketing and communications materials, social media and website content, newsletters, and other communication materials. This position will work within CEF’s Outreach and Engagement Team to develop a coordinated communications process to support recruitment of new subscribers and ongoing member engagement. The role will include interaction with a broad range of CEF staff, partners, and member communities to develop a cohesive presence that meets the needs of a diverse range of member communities and program offerings.
- Experience managing organizational social media and building an audience
- Experience writing/designing clear and compelling organizational communications
- Ability to guide and train other team members in communication principles and strategy
- Ability to retain complex and detailed information about energy offerings and translate it into clear and understandable communications.
- Experience working with content creators (graphic designers, videographers, etc.) to manage content development on a timeline and budget.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated individual who can take direction and be trusted to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A team player with strong ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and juggle time-sensitive tasks on deadline.
- Commitment to clean energy, working with community-based organizations, and empowering culturally diverse communities.
- Direct design/ content creation skills and experience
- Experience with meeting facilitation and developing action plans as a group.
- Experience with customer relations, customer communications, and addressing customer concerns and issues.
- Existing relationships with community-based organizations in one or more target communities.
- Familiarity with community solar or other clean energy outreach.
- Experience volunteering or working on environmental or social justice issues.
Submit a Resume and a Written Statement explaining why you are interested in this position to [email protected]. Please include the position you are applying for in the Subject Line. We will send additional follow up questions and interview scheduling to candidates we wish to interview. This position will remain open until filled.