Clean Energy Job Board
MREA’s mission is to promote renewable energy, energy efficiency, and sustainable living through education and demonstration.
As proponents of a just energy transition, the MREA values justice, equity, diversity, inclusivity, and belonging. We work to ensure our organization reflects the diverse communities we serve, because we believe that we need meaningful participation from people with a wide variety of perspectives and experiences to achieve our mission.
Range per Year: $41,600 to $49,920
The Communications Manager is responsible for the organization and management of MREA Event publications, advertising, electronic newsletters, email blasts, website content, annual report, and promotional materials, including graphic design. This position leads the Communication Working Group and collaborates with appropriate staff to update website content, social media pages, and develop and execute marketing plans for MREA programs. To guide this work, the Communications Manager will work with the MREA Action Team to create and manage a three-year communication plan to guide the content, style, budget, and delivery of MREA promotion and paid advertising.
A successful candidate will be:
• Results-oriented and self-directed, with a passion for the MREA’s mission
• Organized and focused with proven ability to prioritize and complete activities with deadlines.
• Experienced in managing a project budget.
• An excellent written and verbal communicator who can promote the MREA’s mission to the
public and market stakeholders.
• A capable graphic designer with a demonstrated proficiency in—or aptitude to learn—Adobe
InDesign, Photoshop, and/or other Creative Cloud applications.
• Adept at working in groups and have experience building partnerships with diverse audiences.
• Accustomed to working with a variety of software, demonstrating proficiency in word
processing (i.e., MS Word and/or Google Docs), data management (i.e., Excel and/or Google
Sheets), presentation software (PowerPoint and/or Google Presentations).
• Accustomed to working with a variety of social media platforms, demonstrating proficiency in
YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn with experience executing paid social media
• Able to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments.
Preference may be given to candidates who have:
• Related work experience, a bachelors, or other advanced degree in a related field such as:
Communication, Digital Media, Marketing, Education, Renewable Energy Policy, Sustainability
• Experience in or knowledge of the solar industry, particularly with the Midwest states’ solar
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: communication, digital media,
marketing, campaign development and/or implementation, program management
• Familiarity with blogging tools and/or website editing such as WordPress
• Experience with implementing and analyzing social media campaigns.
• Experience developing podcast episodes—and formatting them for YouTube.
To apply, please send:
• Cover letter detailing your qualifications (PDF)
• Resume including education and experience (PDF)
• Contact information for 3 professional references (PDF)
• Link to online portfolio and/or example(s) of a digital media project(s)
All correspondence must be electronic and sent to Amiee Wetmore at [email protected]
Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Central Time on Monday, March 27, 2023.