Community Energy Analyst
CEE is a clean energy nonprofit headquartered in the North Loop of Minneapolis with programs in St. Paul, and the Upper Midwest. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners, and we employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to the Midwest’s quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience, we expect the hiring range for this position will be $24.50/hr to $26/hr
The Community Energy Analyst is part of the Data Team for Xcel Energy’s Partners in Energy program, completing data processing, analysis, and reporting for Minnesota and Wisconsin communities. The Community Energy Analyst also supports CEE’s Communities Department project data needs, such as creating greenhouse gas inventories and mapping energy and demographic data. This is a collaborative position, working closely with other CEE staff, external partners and clients to deliver high-quality program services.
This is a full-time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid parental leave, medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance and retirement plan. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Community Planning and has no direct reports.
This position will be working out of CEE’s North Loop office, or a hybrid work environment. There will be periodic needs to attend in person organizational meetings and community workshops, so we are seeking a candidate located in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metro area.
- Support the Partners in Energy program implementation and planning data processing, including data verification, running processing scripts, coordination with vendor team and utility partners, and data integration into program tools and databases
- Analyze energy and demographic data to create summary tables, graphs and presentation slides for workshops and action plans that meet program and brand standards
- Model community strategy impact and goal scenarios, such as electricity and therms savings, cost savings, and greenhouse gas reductions, under guidance from community facilitators and program manager
- Support community workshop facilitation as needed, including presenting at workshops and facilitating data-related discussions
- Perform data verification and regular tool and database QC to ensure tools meet current technical assumptions, Xcel Energy triennial plans, and vendor team queries and scripts
- Create statewide and community summary reports, identifying program trends and impacts under the guidance of the program manager
- Support ad-hoc community and client data requests, leveraging internal and external data sources
- Support Communities Department project data needs with processing, analysis and visualization skills as needed
- Use established systems to create work plans, track milestones, and report progress; and help develop systems and processes where none currently exist
- Recognize and uphold established program standards to deliver consistent work products, including attention to branding and communications protocols
- Other duties as assigned or apparent
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, environmental studies, sustainability, engineering, or related field (or a combination of education, training and certifications in a related field)
- At least 2 years of experience as an analyst or similar role
- Previous experience with energy consumption, utility program or greenhouse gas emission data sets preferred
- Experience analyzing larger data sets, including the ability to perform quantitative analysis with limited guidance
- Experience with data storytelling to inform decision making and communicating data to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including a comfort with public speaking
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills, including the ability to work independently to find solutions
- Proficient with database programs, such as Tableau, and scripting languages, such as SQL, Python or R
- Exceptional computer skills, including advanced skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate time-management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Must have reliable transportation to attend meetings and off-site events at multiple CEE offices and in communities, including transportation of materials and equipment as needed
2 years: At least 2 years of experience as an analyst or similar role
Experience with data storytelling to inform decision making and communicating data to technical and non-technical audiences
Experience analyzing larger data sets, including the ability to perform quantitative analysis with limited guidance
Previous experience with energy consumption, utility program or greenhouse gas emission data sets preferred
Apply online by visiting us at https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us