Community Energy Program Coordinator
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Dependent upon qualifications and experience, the range for this position is $19.00-$23.00 an hour
40 hours per week
The Center for Energy and Environment (CEE) is hiring for a Community Energy Program Coordinator to join a motivated team that values creativity, hard work, open communication, and a passion for having real impact in communities.
We are seeking a candidate with experience in data analysis and presentation, project coordination, and communication. The program coordinator will support planning and implementation of Xcel Energy’s Partners in Energy service for communities in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
This is a full-time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance and retirement plan.
This position is based in our North Loop office but is currently remote to align with CEE’s COVID-19 response policies. We anticipate this position to return to the office in accordance with CEE’s return to work plan.
The Community Energy Program Coordinator has no direct reports and reports directly to the Community Energy Program Manager.
The Community Energy Program Coordinator will primarily support data analysis, planning and implementation for communities participating in Xcel Energy’s Partners in Energy offering. Partners in Energy works with local governments and other community entities to create energy plans tailored to local communities’ needs and provides targeted assistance with the implementation of these plans.
- Work collaboratively with CEE staff to deliver high-quality program services
- Analyze energy and demographic data, providing quantitative planning support to community facilitation team
- Generate summary tables, graphs and reports to be used in planning workshops to visualize and communicate data narrative to technical and non-technical audiences
- Process and interpret renewable energy program participation data for community planning and implementation data reporting
- Model strategy impact scenarios, such as electricity and therms savings, cost savings and greenhouse gas reductions, under direction from community facilitators and program manager
- Perform data verification to identify potential errors in data processing and goal modeling for planning and implementation data reporting
- Perform regular tool and data base QC to ensure accuracy of calculations and assumptions, and ensure alignment with current technical assumptions
- Assist with energy action plan development by creating and formatting data tables and graphs under direction from community leads and program manager
- Support data tracking and reporting by creating reports and identifying trends in program data under the direction of the program manager
- Coordinate online office hour webinars, including communicating with team lead, managing registration and distribution lists, creating slides, and coordinating topics relevant for Minnesota and Wisconsin communities
- Manage online portal access and content updates, ensuring regular updates are made and information remains relevant for communities
- Collaborate with community facilitators and program manager to ensure consistent updates and messaging across digital platforms
- Support community workshop facilitation, including making presentation slides, coordinating meeting logistics, taking meeting notes, and assisting with activity facilitation
- Support community implementation by creating content for outreach materials, such as social media, flyers, and postcards, and coordinating internal design and brand management review
- Use established systems to help create work plans, track milestones, and report progress; help develop systems and processes where none currently exist
- Recognize and uphold established program standards to deliver consistent work products, including attention to branding and communications protocols
- Understand and adhere to corporate policies and procedures
- Understand and follow processes and procedures required for the job
- Attend trainings as requested and read organization-wide emails and correspondence
- Check your email each working day, respond promptly and use the calendaring system
- Schedule and attend meetings with both internal and external stakeholders
- Adhere to job duty and attendance expectations as directed by your supervisor
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in city planning, environmental studies, engineering, or related field (or a combination of education/training and/or experience)
- At least 2 years of experience in planning, data analytics, or energy services
- Experience analyzing large data sets, including the ability to perform quantitative analysis with limited guidance
- Experience with data storytelling to inform decision making, including facilitating discussions with technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including a comfort with public speaking
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to work independently to find solutions
- Exceptional attention to detail and assiduous follow-through
- Exceptional computer skills, including advanced skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate time-management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Must have reliable transportation to attend meetings and off-site events at multiple CEE offices and in communities, including transportation of materials and equipment as needed
- Experience working with or within local government entities
- Experience analyzing energy consumption, greenhouse gas emission and demographic data sets
- Familiar with database programs, such as Tableau, and scripting languages, such as SQL and R