Clean Energy Job Board
Community Outreach Specialist - Bilingual
CEE is seeking candidates for a bilingual Community Outreach Specialist who can help meet the recruitment goals for the Home Energy Squad (HES), delivered by the Center for Energy and Environment (CEE). The Community Outreach Specialist assists with increasing awareness of and participation in HES and CEE’s other residential programs by building relationships and conducting community-based marketing. The position will work with the marketing department, residential field staff and HES program coordinators.
The Community Outreach Specialist position reports to and works closely with the Outreach Manager, Stacy Boots Camp.
CEE is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis and St. Paul's Midway. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
- Depending on qualifications and experience, we expect the hiring range for this position to be $19-22 per hour.
- Help achieve recruitment goals of participation for CEE’s HES program
- Conduct community-based marketing activities to reach customers. Activities could include and are not limited to tabling and presenting at events, door-knocking, phone calling, social media campaigns, writing city and neighborhood specific articles for local outlets, etc.
- Work with community partners to enlist them in recruitment efforts
- Continue to build relationships with Spanish speaking communities we’re already engaged with and fostering new partnerships in other communities we’re not yet working with
- Develop and conduct presentations in both Spanish and English
- Youth energy education – present to youth groups at schools and extra-curricular programs
- Aid in recruitment and delivery of residential programs in greater Minnesota
- Coordinate with CEE Marketing Department to design and produce marketing materials
- Administrative support for Residential programs, including assisting with scheduling customers in times of high visit demand
- Conduct follow-up calls to program participants for testimonials stories
- Schedule and attend meetings as applicable with both internal and external constituents
- Understand and adhere to corporate policies and procedures, attend trainings as requested and read corporate wide emails and correspondence.
- Excellent public speaking and written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly proficient at speaking Spanish
- Written proficiency in Spanish encouraged, but not required
- Enthusiasm for energy-efficiency issues
- Experience doing community outreach or similar job; especially working with local governments, neighborhood organizations, non-profits, businesses and/or similar groups
- Marketing experience desirable; behavioral change and social media marketing specifically
- Creative writing and copywriting experience desirable
- Knowledge and experience with residential energy issues and programs a plus
- Open to assisting with energy efficiency product installations and demonstrations
- Must be outcome-oriented in work habits
- Experience with volunteer coordination and social media campaigns a plus
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to 40 hour work week to accommodate evening and weekend events
- An orientation toward teamwork
- Ability to understand compliance to corporate policies and procedures including by not limited to conflict of interest, confidentiality and the information security program
- Work professionally with co-workers, clients and vendors, perform duties accurately, honestly and timely
- Attend training/meetings, read companywide emails and adhere to attendance expectations as directed by the supervisor
- Advanced computer skills and high comfort level with modern office technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Driver’s license required
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our first priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.