Community Solar Consultant
Community solar is one of the fastest growing industries in Minnesota. SunShare is proud to have been part of that for the past nine years and is looking forward to continued growth. SunShare is one of the nation’s first and largest community solar companies. We are currently seeking both full- and part-time Community Solar Consultant in the Minneapolis – St. Paul area. As a Solar Consultant, your responsibility will be to educate residences on the benefits of community solar thereby enabling consumers to make informed decisions about their energy usage, the environment, and how to better their lives.
The Community Solar Consultant will be based out of SunShare’s Minneapolis office and will be principally responsible for nurturing community solar customer prospects to close while representing the professionalism and the focus on customer-experience that is a core value of SunShare. This position requires experience in direct B-to-C sales as well as excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The candidate will be required to effectively master and articulate SunShare’s value proposition, diligently track activity using SunShare’s systems and processes, participate in some evening and weekend events, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the company’s messaging and sales operations. Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced and unstructured environment and should be an independent thinker and problem-solver.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategizes and preplans on how best to achieve sales objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs
- Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the goals set by management
- Maintains professional relationships with all customers by participating in effective work with sales calls, sales blitzes and community events
- Maintains a professional and friendly attitude while conducting sales remotely via telesales and videosales
- Remains informed of company activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Strictly adheres to all regulatory and consumer protection compliance including delivering disclosures to prospects
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Internet access and personal computer
- 2+ years in B2C Sales Role
- Experience working in telesales
- History of success
- Tenacity and a positive mental attitude
- Professional, friendly, curious, energetic, team player
- A drive and passion for spreading renewable energy to the masses
- Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit where required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle
Follow directions at the link.