REC Solar is a trusted provider of high-quality solar and energy-saving solutions to a wide range of commercial customers nationwide, including businesses, governments and non-profits. The company provides financed end-to-end service offerings to help its customers reduce energy costs, decrease greenhouse gas emissions and demonstrate corporate sustainability. As a Duke Renewable Ventures portfolio company, REC has access to an unprecedented depth of expertise and partners that we can use to positively impact our customer’s energy strategies.
Our team has unmatched expertise in helping customers maximize their solar investments. Their skillsets, passion and commitment to our clients sets us apart. We are looking for team members that want to make a difference at REC Solar, for our customers and in the world.
Industry competitive base salary
- Manage and direct subcontracted resources, including but not limited to management of Owner/REC materials, REC provided rental/leased equipment, third party Consultants, etc.
- Review drawings for constructability, preparing RFI's in coordination with REC PM and Subcontracted Trades as required to clarify issues or conflicts in the contract documents and/or unforeseen project site conditions.
- Work with PM and CM Management to create Production forecasts, then update weekly/monthly to track material delivery, inventory and installation counts.
- Work with PM to collect and record jobsite documentation via the ‘Procore’ cloud platform, including Daily Progress Reporting, Safety & Quality compliance documentation, etc.
- Work with Engineering to provide construction support, including design constructability, managing timely communication of RFI questions and solutions, post-project "lessons learned" feedback/input, etc.
- Work with Safety personnel to ensure that Subcontractors provide the Site Specific Plan required construction and safety training, ongoing compliance monitoring and close-out documentation and certifications.
- Work with Quality personnel to implement Site Specific Quality Program, including execution planning, ongoing compliance monitoring and close-out testing and certification documentation.
- Perform interm quality inspections on installed work, ensuring that all construction is in compliance with the project’s plans, specifications, material installation instructions, and local and national building codes.
- The CM Position is REC’s face to the Client and Subcontractors, Organizational and Customer Communication skills, including professional attitude and business like appearance, are critical.
- Must be able to think critically and be a “problem solver”, using good judgment and analytical skills as part of an REC Project Team.
- Handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion, working with the PM to carefully manage Client, Utility, AHJ and Subcontractor communications
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, noting projects may in different locations, may be different platforms, and may include differing Client/AHJ/Utility concerns and/or constraints.
- High School diploma or equivalent, Vocational/Technical/Business School or College is preferred.
- 7-10 years of commercial construction experience, including 5 years of construction supervision.
- Strong computer knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Project.
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Code [NEC], NFPA 70E, Uniform Building Code, OSHA Regulations, Industry Standard Practices, etc.
- Required Certifications/Licenses:
- OSHA 30, and EM-385 as applicable for Federal work
- First Aid/CPR
- Valid State of Residence Driver’s License, clean MVR and insurable
- Preferred Certifications/Licenses:
- California A, B and/or C10 Contractor’s license
- Heavy Equipment Certification, including forklifts, reach forklifts, scissor lifts, etc.
- Electrical Supervisor’s License and Journeyman Electrician's Certification, as applicable.
- NFPA 70E certification
- Background in General Contracting, including but not limited to Civil, Concrete, Steel, Paint, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.
- Experience working in 480v 3-Phase electrical gear.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.