Clean Energy Job Board
At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a diverse and passionate group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors, and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking, solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world, then McKinstry is the place for you.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Construction Manager to join our team as a member of our growing Energy Minnesota division. You will be joining an established and diverse group of people where you will be able to make an immediate impact. If you thrive in a collaborative team environment, enjoy managing projects and leading people, as well as setting and hitting goals - this may be the right position for you.
At McKinstry, it is our mission is to make every building we touch more efficient. Energy efficiency in any built environment is critical - not just to the bottom line of the owner, but to the well-being of the planet. We are unsurpassed and nationally recognized as a premier provider of energy-efficient technologies, creating high-performance buildings and innovating solutions that get the most for every energy dollar. No matter what the energy challenge, we put all our energies into meeting it.
In this position, you will be the primary contact for the building owners, engineering teams, and other stakeholders. You will support and provide input to development strategies, goals, and objectives specific to project execution at each project phase. You will develop and manage project plans, schedules, and scopes of work
As a Construction Manager, you will assume financial responsibility for the project including accurate, timely, and relevant reporting to stakeholders. You will be responsible for evaluating bid estimates, developing cost codes, establishing definitive budgets, developing manpower plans with Superintendents, and monitors field labor progress. You will monitor progress towards goals and anticipate potential problems.
You will have the opportunity to coach and mentor project team members. Additionally, you will develop project staffing plans to include labor and subcontractors. You will act as a steward of McKinstry culture; communicate and influence policies and procedures.
What we would like to see from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- Five (5) years of experience in project management, engineering, or construction is required.
- Previous experience working within energy services.
- Proficient with scheduling software: Microsoft Project, Primavera, and/or Suretrak required.
- Completed OSHA 30 class is preferred.
- PE, CPM, LEED professional designations are preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and required.
- Basic estimating skills required.
- Proficient with construction financial programs and software preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding of accounting and financial management required.