Corporate Development Director
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Identify, evaluate, negotiate, validate, and execute strategic acquisitions (including wind and solar acquisitions), divestitures and joint ventures to enhance corporate financial performance, efficiency, and capabilities. Coordinate and execute financial valuations, due diligence reviews, and risk assessment of potential acquisitions or divestitures. Provide a consistent methodology for assessment of new corporate development opportunities. Implement and improve the process for screening and prioritization of industry opportunities and competitive threats. Review and assess business expansion opportunities against screening criteria. Provide support and guidance to business units in assessing and developing new corporate development initiatives. Prepare materials supporting transactions for senior leadership and Board review and approval. Coordinate and contribute to the efforts to gain regulatory approvals of proposed transactions.
- Assess potential business expansion opportunities including acquisitions, divestitures, or joint ventures for financial contribution and strategic fit. Conduct and participate in financial evaluations and due diligence reviews of potential candidates. Coordinate and participate in transaction negotiations.
- Provide guidance, and support to business units in assessing and developing new corporate development initiatives which are consistent with company strategic and financial objectives.
- Maintain, and continuously improve, a consistent methodology for the screening and prioritization of business opportunities and resource allocation. Review and screen business expansion opportunities against screening criteria.
- Evaluate company’s portfolio of businesses and assess the gaps that exist in the corporation relative to capabilities, markets, business scope, and investment risk/return, and recommend approaches to close those gaps.
- Coordinate and conduct the project management of corporate development opportunities that have been approved for implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or financial field required.
- Will consider equivalent combination of knowledge/capabilities from experience and education.
- Seven years experience in acquisitions, and divestitures, or equivalent corporate development experience.
- Demonstrated skilled negotiator.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated financial analysis and modeling capability.
- Deep knowledge of transaction-related tax, accounting, legal and human resource issues.
- Capable of integrating technical and business judgment.
- Ability to work well within a team, and to successfully lead and interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in, or extensive knowledge of, an energy related field (such as electric, natrual gas, renewable energy, wind, solar, etc.)
- Must be available to work additional hours.
- Overnight travel as needed.
- MBA preferred.
Follow directions at the link.