Counsel 2 - Renewable Energy Procurement
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
Based on qualifications.
The Legal Department is seeking an attorney to join its growing Corporate Properties Group – Operations team to provide legal support in connection with all aspects of sustainability, renewable energy, third party service providers, corporate security, and other operational challenges across the more than 8,600 Wells Fargo locations in 42 countries worldwide. The successful candidate will have experience analyzing, negotiating and drafting all manner of power purchase, retail energy and utility bilateral retail and green energy procurement contracts, as well as real estate-related procurement agreements more generally such as construction agreements, facilities use, and associated servicing agreements.
Primary responsibilities involve collaborating with a cross-disciplinary team of renewable energy and sustainability line of business team members, legal and regulatory subject matter experts, and sourcing specialists in connection with the Law Department’s support of the Corporate Properties Group. The team member will be expected to maintain awareness of energy contracting market trends and models, and responsible for evaluating the impact of major changes in law and regulation on the Company’s policies and operating procedures, and provide support with the implementation of required or advisable changes to the policies and procedures, or associated contracting forms and negotiation manuals.
- 2+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on routine legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Law firm experience with a variety of energy contracting business models, and wholesale and retail energy contracting experience
- Prior background effectively collaborating with non-attorney supply chain or sourcing professionals.
Apply through link.