Customer Programs and Services Representative I/II
Minnesota Power, a division of ALLETE, Inc., is committed to the reliability and security of the regional power system that provides electricity in a 26,000-square-mile electric service area in northeastern Minnesota. Minnesota Power supplies retail electric service to 145,000 customers and wholesale electric service to 16 municipalities.
Performs planning, development, and delivery tasks related to Minnesota Power’s customer programs and services with a primary focus on energy efficiency. Provides process and technical expertise to customers, utility personnel, vendors and other stakeholders to coordinate and promote energy efficiency offerings. Strong understanding of Minnesota Power’s customer program and service offerings, utility data systems, metering and energy technologies. Establishes and maintains positive relationships, internally and externally, to promote company goals. Coordinates with contractors to facilitate energy analysis of commercial and industrial facilities. Significant level of interpersonal and communication skills required. Effective performance in this position requires a positive, self-motivated team player.
- Provide information to customers, stakeholders and other company personnel about Minnesota Power’s customer programs and services with a primary focus on commercial and industrial energy efficiency programs.
- Provide technical support and assistance to utility personnel and customers to coordinate and promote energy efficiency.
- Facilitate energy audits, identify energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, conduct energy training, and function as an on-site consultant to ensure program participation.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships, internally and externally, to promote company goals.
- Assist with the facilitation of third party contractors including follow-up on project leads, customer site visits and project follow up.
- Perform customer outreach efforts including development of training and promotional materials to educate customers on Minnesota Power’s customer programs and services including representing the company at community events.
- Assist in the planning, development, and delivery of Minnesota Power’s customer programs and services with a primary focus on energy efficiency programs for the commercial and industrial sector.
- Assist with tracking program data, budgets, invoices and other related information to ensure accurate program reporting.
- The primary responsibilities of this position will be to serve as an in-the-field representative consisting of up to 50% of time spent at customer sites.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred discipline in business administration, engineering, economics or finance
- A two year technical or associates degree with an emphasis or coursework in energy management, building operation, construction or related fields AND two years of additional related experience beyond what is required in the Experience section.
Programs and Services Representative I
- No experience required.
Programs and Services Representative II
- Four years or more of related experience working with residential, commercial and agricultural energy efficiency programs with a balance of technical, program administration, customer service, and marketing skills required.
- Experience in performing energy audits, energy data analysis, and energy efficiency determinations is preferred.
- CEM certification, Building Operator Certification (BOC) or other certification from a sustainable energy program is preferred.
- Building operator certification (BOC) or the ability to obtain within one year of hire date.
- Valid Driver's license required.
- Effective performance in this position requires a positive, self-motivated team player.
- Experience in performing energy audits, energy data analysis, and energy efficiency determinations preferred.
- Experience in electrical and mechanical systems and installation of energy efficiency improvements preferred.
- Experience working with commercial, industrial or agricultural customer sectors and contractors is preferred.
- Knowledge of utility data systems, metering and energy management technologies is a definite advantage.
- May spend significant time away from employer's place of business, and may be exposed to hazardous or dirty environments at customer sites.
- Significant level of interpersonal and communication skills required.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match, and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
Follow directions at the link.