Design Phase Engineer I
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002…
Be a part of the rapidly expanding renewables market and help Mortenson teams and clients lead the industry in helping deliver clean power across the country. Mortenson’s rapidly expanding Energy Storage & Solutions team is looking for energized and experienced pre construction talent.
…What are you waiting for?
Location in MN
- Support the project’s design phase and operations teams in achieving scope and budget alignment, schedule alignment, an integrated team and customer experience, construction readiness, and excellent financial performance
- Assist with establishing and managing project budget and scope expectations, budget trending logs, and any associated communications and resources
- Craft and manage project schedules and key achievements, hold team members accountable for reaching set achievements
- Assist in regulatory approval and permitting processes, as well as the preparation of bid packages and contract manuals
- Support bid analysis and subcontractor selection
- Identify technical design and specification concerns, intensify as needed to achieve resolution
- Minimum of 2 year’s relevant experience
- Experience in inverter, DC battery technology preferred but not required
- Experience in electrical construction preferred but not required.
- Holistic project understanding, to put together an all-encompassing scope with parts and engineering scopes.
- Display strong teamwork orientation, initiative, technical and other communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Demonstrate detail orientation sufficient to organize and run multiple tasks
- Exhibit a positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Interpret and communicate Mortenson policies to employees and outside parties effectively
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Display proficiency in Excel, Word, Project Controls software (Procore/Unifier), Project Schedule software (Primavera P6/ASTA/ MS Project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level
- Be open to change based on diverse input and feedback
- Effectively work with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
- Strong cross-cultural relationship building and influencing at all organizational levels
- Current driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Electrical, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, Estimating, MEP or equivalent field or experience
How to Apply
Follow instructions at the link.