Development & Energy Planner
The Southwest Regional Development Commission (SRDC) provides professional expertise and leadership to enhance regional opportunities. SRDC is a nine county planning and development agency providing services to local units of government, non-profit agencies, and various individuals and groups both public and private sectors throughout the region. Membership is comprised of 36 representatives of townships, cities, counties, school boards and public interest groups. SRDC also staffs the Southwest Clean Energy Resource Team.
Depends on qualifications
40 hours per week. Regular office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some evening meetings and regular travel required.
The SRDC is looking to hire a Development Planner with an emphasis in Energy Planning to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for a planner to work on regional and local projects with a focus on renewable energy, land use, and development planning in the nine-county area of Southwest Minnesota. This position will provide opportunities to develop and manage diverse projects, which may include:
- Providing technical assistance to local units of government, businesses, and the general public
- Connecting communities, businesses, and non-profits to renewable energy resources
- Working with and on behalf of regional energy and land use groups
- Grant writing
- Development and implementation of programs and projects of importance to the region
- Preferred education includes a Bachelor’s degree in an energy or planning-related field with at least three years of planning experience or a Master’s degree with one year of planning experience. Applicable training may be substituted for education.
- The successful candidate should have strong public presentation, communication, and writing skills, be organized and detail oriented, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience in renewable energy and knowledge of the region and rural development issues a plus.
- Valid driver’s license required.