Clean Energy Job Board
National Grid Renewables, which includes the renewables development company formerly known as Geronimo Energy, is a leading North American renewable energy company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in the regions where it develops, constructs, and operates renewable energy projects. As a farmer-friendly and community focused company, National Grid Renewables develops projects for corporations and utilities that seek to repower America’s electricity grid by reigniting local economies and reinvesting in a sustainable future. National Grid Renewables is part of the competitive, unregulated Ventures division of National Grid and has a portfolio of solar, wind, and energy storage projects located throughout the United States in various stages of development, construction and operation. National Grid Renewables develops high value, competitive renewable energy projects. Our focus on communities and farmers means it’s not just about projects, but about the people we work with, both outside and inside our organization. National Grid Renewables Team Members embody our foundational culture of being entrepreneurial, creative, and nimble and take pride in supporting National Grid’s vision to be at the heart of a clean, fair and affordable energy future for all.
Info not provided
National Grid Renewables is seeking an intern to join its Utility Scale Development team for a part-time position for spring 2021 that would transition into a full-time summer internship for summer 2021. The intern will assist the company’s renewable development team with the development of renewable energy projects. This intern will learn the details of the renewable energy industry and understand how it fits into the electricity we use every day. The intern will have the opportunity to research a topic of his/her choice throughout the term of internship and present research in a capstone-style format, all while performing tasks essential to the day-to-day operations of the firm. This is the perfect blend of academic-style research and “real-world” application to supplement any undergraduate/graduate education.
- Performing tasks essential to the development of solar projects including:
- Working closely with the National Grid Renewables Development team on various items needed to develop solar projects
- Conducting solar site selection and screening
- Preparing interconnection applications with the interconnection team
- Researching utility tariffs
- Coordinating landowner correspondence, calls, and outreach
- Conducting market analysis, permitting research, and real estate research in support of project development
- Interpreting technical engineering and environmental reports
- One full-cycle research project to present on a subject of interest which is decided upon between the intern and supervisor
- College student or recent graduate with a degree in engineering, environmental science, natural sciences, or business.
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong work ethic
- Interest in renewable energy, electricity markets, or real estate development
- Strong written and oral communication skills (you will be interfacing frequently with both internal and external parties in this role)