Clean Energy Job Board
Digital Communications Specialist
Center for Energy and Environment is a community-based clean energy nonprofit with offices in the North Loop of Minneapolis, St. Paul’s Midway, and satellite locations in other cities. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota’s quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
Depending upon qualifications and experience, we expect the hiring range for this position will be $50-55k per year.
Digital Communications Specialist
The Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for ongoing development and daily maintenance of CEE’s main website and several project-specific sites, managing daily social media content and overall strategy, coordination of several newsletters and promotional emails, and providing support for internal communications and marketing outreach.
As a function of overall administrative assistance, this position may also assist with overflow work assigned from other departments and programs within CEE. This is a full-time position that provides a wide range of benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance and a retirement plan.
- Lead website content updates and maintenance in coordination with Director of Communications and organization-wide communications strategies.
- Work with Director of Communications and department leads to plan website development including annual website audits and new page creation.
- Work with blog team to refine and post cohesive and diverse content calendar for CEE’s blog.
- Collaborate with department leads to ensure their programs and operational efforts are represented and all website user experiences are optimized.
- Proof all content updates for grammar, punctuation, readability, and accuracy before publishing.
- Troubleshoot and manage a wide range of website improvements and major tech fixes through on-the-fly research and with outside contractors as needed.
- Parallel to the main site, develop and manage multiple CEE microsites in various content management systems.
- Track website analytics and help manage Data Studio dashboards.
Social media management (40%)
- Lead the development of annual strategies and goals for all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Develop and manage monthly social media calendar to serve organizational and program/project-specific strategies.
- Create content for all social channels in collaboration with internal and external content experts.
- Manage paid social media promotions with various vendors (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.). Track and report progress metrics to marketing staff.
- Collaborate with marketing team and program leads to expand existing marketing campaigns to social channels.
- Track, analyze, and report on social media campaign metrics to help improve marketing impact.
Other key areas (10%)
- Manage contract relationships, budgeting and budget tracking, and payments to various digital communications vendors (e.g., MailChimp, Alchemer, SquareSpace, etc.).
- Develop and implement biweekly staff newsletter (“Watt’s Up”) and generally support internal communications.
- Collaborate with teams to lay out and distribute newsletters, promos, and other outreach.
- Support Human Resources with social media and marketing recruitment strategies.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create or format content for clients’ social media channels and newsletters.
- Compile and catalogue program testimonials for use on the website or social media.
- Manage several email contact lists, and keep up to date with MailChimp and Hub Spot usage.
- Stay up to date on trends and best practices for website management, paid and unpaid social media, image/video technologies, and other topic areas as relevant to daily work.
- Provide webinar tech support to staff as requested.
- Various administrative tasks as needed.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Drupal or similar website content management systems.
- Professional experience managing Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media tools and platforms.
- Experience tracking and presenting complex messaging across multiple platforms, including internal communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, from short-form content development to proofreading.
- Preferred familiarity with HubSpot for social media tracking and management, and with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Emphasis on engaging diverse audiences with a wide variety of lived experiences and perspectives.
- Ability to multitask and successfully manage various projects with competing timelines.
- Ability to manage multiple budgets and service accounts (promoted posts, paid platforms, etc.) from planning to implementation and payment.
- Ability and interest in advising staff colleagues about social media in a professional capacity.
- Ability both to take direction and to work independently, as projects warrant, and to work with a wide variety of people throughout the organization and public.
- Ability to participate in organizational committees as requested.
- Self-motivated attention to details, time management, and follow-through.
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our first priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Apply online by visiting https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us