Director Business Area Finance Job
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Xcel Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Business Area Finance Director! We are looking for a senior financial leader who will be responsible for business area-wide financial performance reporting and analysis. This candidate will effectively communicate with Executive Management and senior Business Area leadership and directs the financial planning, budgeting, accounting, and forecasting for assigned business area. They will oversee, creates, and implements financial plans to manage the requirements of the assigned business area. In addition, they will manage end-to-end financial integration of all business area operational spend, ensuring business area spend is leveraged in meeting business, regulatory, customer and investment community expectations and requirements. Ideally, we are also looking for someone who a strong talent management background, with a proven track record working with their team to develop them and utilize their strengths.
Financial Management: Senior financial leader for the Business Area, working closely with the Business Area President and his/her Vice Presidents to execute strategic initiatives along with operational and financial plans. Proactively direct and provide financial support across the business area with the common themes of value creation and commercial thinking. Facilitate coordination/communication between business area operations and financial plans/results. Develop strong business relationships and become the trusted business advisor
- Financial Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting: Direct the preparation, review and approval of budget/forecast information. Maintain effective business planning processes through the use of multi-year budgets and a dynamic allocation of resources (O&M and Capital Expenditures). Forecast accuracy is critical to support executive decision making. Budget/Forecast information must be reliable, transparent and provide a reasonable basis for determining a forecast test year revenue requirement. Provide expert testimony and rate case support for each utility's cost of service, as required
- Financial Analysis & Reporting: Provide direct leadership, both managerial and technical, for financial performance monitoring to support management decision-making. Responsible for all actual vs. budget/forecast variance analysis and management reporting. Effectively communicate financial results (business cost drivers, trends, risks, results) to Business Area Executives, the Financial Performance Team and Financial Oversight of the Operations Council (OPCo presidents)
- Financial Reporting & Compliance: Provide key fiduciary and financial governance oversight of business area operations to ensure financial compliance with all applicable policies, procedures and practices. Oversee and direct daily management of financial operations for assigned business area to include financial reporting, financial statement implications and compliance with all regulatory and SOX requirements.
- Staff Development: Provide direction, oversight, and guidance to managers/staff, as needed. Direct and manage the development of team goals and communicate company and business area objectives. Create a team environment of continuous improvement and learning to foster professional development. Establish and communicate clear performance expectations. Conduct formal and informal performance discussions (e.g., IPADs, Scorecards) and ensure review in a timely fashion. Coach and mentor team members, as needed
- Perform special projects and other duties, as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field
- 10 years of professional financial experience
- 5 years management experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, regulated utility industry, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, planning, budgeting and management reporting
- Ability to develop effective policies, procedures and business processes
- Ability to lead others, promote a team environment, coach and mentor
- Analytical and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen combined with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Regulated utility experience (or readiness to learn)
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
Follow instructions at the link.