Director, Mergers & Acquisitions
Geronimo Energy, a National Grid company, is a full-service renewable energy development company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in southwest Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, New York, Colorado, Alabama and Michigan. Geronimo Energy provides custom renewable energy solutions for utilities and corporations looking to harness renewable energy for business growth. Geronimo Energy has developed a multi-gigawatt renewable energy portfolio of projects that are either currently under construction or in operation throughout the United States. Geronimo has an open work environment that is flat by design and in function.
Information not provided
40 hours per week
- Source and negotiate acquisitions and dispositions of projects
- Undertake acquisition due diligence and analysis of specific projects including financial analysis
- Interface with project teams to gather information to create and maintain Confidential Information Memorandums and Data Rooms, review contracts and develop relationships
- Lead negotiations with counter parties of legal contracts (MIPAs & PSAs) in coordination with the General Counsel
- Manage subject matter experts in providing an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of M&A financing, projected investment returns, as well as the tax, legal, and accounting issues involved in the M&A process
- Provide superior analysis in the evaluation of acquisitions, divestments, trades, and joint ventures, to maximize value created, in line with corporate goals and strategies as part of project M&A work or as part of the strategic corporate development role in M&A.
- Implement the results of the analysis through interaction and necessary consensus-building with all appropriate company units/groups
- Prepare presentations and present to the Investment Committee
- Have regular contact with external professionals who may be assisting Geronimo in either project or option deliberation or execution, e.g., banks, engineering firms, lawyers, etc.
- Provide support during counter-party negotiations
- Managing data rooms and associated Q&A processes
- At least five years work experience in the renewable energy industry
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to source acquisitions.
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail with an ability to thrive in a high-performance culture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with a team-oriented mindset are key components of this position.
- Strong computer skills including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong financial modeling skills including cash flow modeling