Electric Vehicle Programs and Services Representative I/II
Minnesota Power, a division of ALLETE, Inc., is committed to the reliability and security of the regional power system that provides electricity in a 26,000-square-mile electric service area in northeastern Minnesota. Minnesota Power supplies retail electric service to 145,000 customers and wholesale electric service to 16 municipalities.
Assists in the planning, development, and delivery of Minnesota Power’s customer programs and services with a primary focus on electric vehicle programs. Provides process and technical support and assistance to customers, utility personnel, vendors and other stakeholders to coordinate and promote electric vehicle offerings. Experience with electric vehicle technology including home, fleet and public electric vehicle charging is preferred. Knowledge of utility data systems, metering and energy management technologies is preferred. Establishes and maintains positive relationships, internally and externally, to promote company goals. Significant level of interpersonal and communication skills required. Effective performance in this position requires a positive, self-motivated team player.
- Serve as the main point of contact for residential and commercial customers interested in electric vehicles.
- Promote electric vehicle programs and services through organization of events, activities and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance to customers installing electric vehicle service equipment.
- Maintain a general understanding of electric vehicle technologies.
- Assist in the proposal and development a new electric vehicle programs and services.
- Assist in development and delivery of Minnesota Power’s electric vehicle strategy.
- Research industry trends and technology advancements related to electric vehicles.
- Track program participation, data, budgets and other related information to ensure accuracy of regulatory reporting.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of grant and funding opportunities.
- Interface with internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred discipline in business administration, engineering, economics or finance
- A two year technical or associates degree with an emphasis or coursework in energy management, automotive or related fields AND two years of additional related experience beyond what is required in the Experience section.
Programs and Services Representative I
- No experience required
Programs and Services Representative II
- Four years or more of related experience working with electric vehicle programs or initiatives with a balance of technical, program administration, customer service, and marketing skills required.
- Valid Driver's license required.
- Effective performance in this position requires a positive, self-motivated team player.
- Experience working with home, public and fleet electric vehicle charging is preferred.
- Experience with electric vehicle technology is preferred.
- Knowledge of utility data systems, metering and energy management technologies is a definite advantage.
- May spend significant time away from employer's place of business, and may be exposed to hazardous or dirty environments at customer sites.
- Significant level of interpersonal and communication skills required.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match, and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
Follow the directions at the link.