Electrical CAD Technician
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Electrical CAD Technician to join our renewable energy team in our Minneapolis, MN office.The position will be a member of our Electrical Engineering group for solar, wind or energy storage plants, which includes; plant layout, selecting appropriate system hardware, system optimization, power production modeling, and interconnection requirements for projects. This individual will support senior designers and engineers in the preparation of construction documents. The position has plenty of opportunity for growth in this fast expanding renewable market. has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Information not provided
40 hours per week
- Provide construction document production support.
- Coordinate with various design team disciplines including civil engineers, geotechnical engineers and surveyors.
- Utilize Autocad to create construction documents and perform quantity takeoffs. Construction documents will include site layouts, wire/cable routing plans, onelines, details, equipment/wire etc.
- Create wiring/cable schedules based takeoffs and sizing input from senior designers and engineers.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of Westwood design/CAD standards.
- Must have proficiency in AutoCAD and working knowledge of NEC and/or NESC.
- Experience and knowledge of basic electrical design concepts.
- Associates Degree or Technical School Certificate in Electrical Design, Solar Design, Architectural/Engineering Drafting, or related degree.
- Approximately 2 - 5 years of experience in the drafting/design of electrical power/distribution systems
- Working knowledge and ability to read construction drawings and specifications.
- Professional appearance with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Must be a supportive team member, able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Must be self-motivated with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadline.
For Preferred Consideration (Not Required):
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience with ArcGIS.
- Proficiency with ETAP, SKM, CYME, or similar software package used to model electrical power systems and perform load flow, short circuit, voltage drop, grounding, thermal, and protective device coordination studies and analysis.
- NABCEP Certification.
- Experience with PVsyst, Helioscope, SAM, or other PV production modeling software.
- Experience with Helios 3D.