Geronimo Energy, a National Grid company, is a full-service renewable energy development company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in southwest Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, New York, Colorado, Alabama and Michigan. Geronimo Energy provides custom renewable energy solutions for utilities and corporations looking to harness renewable energy for business growth. Geronimo Energy has developed a multi-gigawatt renewable energy portfolio of projects that are either currently under construction or in operation throughout the United States. Geronimo has an open work environment that is flat by design and in function.
Information not provided
40 hours per week
Geronimo is seeking an Electrical Engineering to join our transmission team. This person will be responsible for evaluating electrical aspects of renewable energy projects. This position will be located in the company headquarters in Bloomington, MN, where the candidate will report directly to the Director of Transmission-MISO.
- Perform technical analysis relating to wind, solar and other project development.
- Perform analytical and administrative tasks relating to electrical interconnection and development of wind, solar, or other energy projects.
- Assist the Director of transmission with analytic and administrative tasks relating to Project Scoping, Screening Analyses, Generator Interconnection, Facilities Studies, IA negotiation and Strategic Initiatives.
- Represent Geronimo and/or renewable energy at appropriate industry conferences and meetings.
- Interface with Customers and Stakeholders to achieve successful Project creation and implementation.
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred but not required in Electric Engineering technology, Engineering degree, or equivalent Electric Industry experience.
- MISO or ISO experience preferred
- PSS/E experience desired
- 2 years electric or renewable energy industry experience with degree
- 4 years electric or renewable energy industry experience without degree
- Skills/ Personal Attributes:
- Persevering, team player, task oriented, takes ownership
- Strong management skills
- Achievement driven
- Creative Thinker and problem solver
- Loyal and committed to the organization
- In pursuit of personal growth
- Ability to work as part of team and lead one