Clean Energy Job Board
Electrical Superintendent - Solar
t Blattner, we are powered by our people and driven by our values. We build more than just renewable energy projects. We build great careers! If you want a career that always changes, challenges and rewards, you belong at Blattner.
Blattner is an industry leader and pioneer in renewable energy providing collaborative construction solutions, expertise in power generation and delivering certainty beyond the finished product. We proudly build wind energy, solar energy, energy storage and power delivery projects across the nation.
Join our team where you’re a part of something bigger. When you work with Blattner, you make a direct contribution to building more than renewable energy – you help build a better world. Employees at Blattner enjoy a working environment of innovation, genuine curiosity and appreciation. Ideal candidates value safety and quality enjoy problem solving and collaboration.
We’re looking for leaders, go-getters and changemakers. You belong at Blattner.
WHO IS AN ELECTRICAL SUPERINTENDENT - SOLAR WITH BLATTNER?
The Electrical Superintendent - Solar provides on-site supervision of Assistant Superintendents, Forepersons, and all craft personnel (e.g. equipment operators, laborers, electricians, etc.) and their activities to ensure a safe, productive, and quality job is attained and costs are controlled in the particular construction discipline. Schedules labor, materials, tools, equipment and subcontractors within work discipline to effectively utilize all resources; and works with specifications and contract requirements.
IS THIS ROLE FOR YOU:
Do you like to Manage?
- The Solar Electrical Superintendent supervises and sets direction for all Assistant Trade Superintendents and Forepersons on-site to ensure use of all company resources; and adherence to all company policies and state and federal regulations. Provides formal quarterly (at a minimum) coaching feedback to Forepersons and Assistant Trade Superintendent as well as regular informal feedback.
- Responsible for safe working conditions and safety procedures on the project, more particularly for specific discipline. Understands and enforces company, jobsite specific, federal, and state safety regulations on site and discusses concerns with Site Manager.
- The Superintendent is accountable for verifying that the project construction activities and project engineering are in conformance with the project Quality Plan, Best Practices, and Blattner Energy Quality Systems processes and practices. Superintendents are responsible for establishing, aligning, and communicating the project specifications and craftsmanship expectations to Blattner Energy craft, vendors, subcontractors, and other agents. Superintendents shall assist in assembling the close-out information needed for the following meetings: Quality, Best Practices and Estimating.
- Mentors Field Construction Coordinator and Field Engineers on work discipline, production costs, scope of work, quality, and safety.
Do you enjoy travel?
- This is traveling position requiring you to relocate to a project anywhere in the United States for the time required to complete the electrical portion of the job.
Are you Safety Conscious?
- Responsible for safe working conditions and safety procedures on the project, more particularly for specific discipline. Understands and enforces company, jobsite specific, federal, and state safety regulations on site and discusses concerns with Site Manager. Will be responsible within work discipline for the utilization of best safety practices: the management of employee orientation, emphasis on special risks, cranes, lifting, DOT requirements, site conditions, telehandlers, JHA’s, assisting in meeting CATS observation goals, accident injury management.
- Need to collaborate with subcontractors and Engineers that project will strive for "Zero" accidents.
- Responsible for the safety and skill evaluation of Assistant Superintendents and Forepersons.
Are organization and communication your top priority?
- Communicates with Site Manager to update him/her on project problem areas and the specific status of the project. Collaborates with Site Manager, other Trade Superintendents, General Superintendents and other supervision to plan and staff (hiring, promoting, disciplining, terminating) trade employees through the proper utilization of company resources, processes and policies.
- Assist Site Manager in communicating and negotiating with owner regarding major project decisions.
- Display a professional demeanor and act professionally while interacting with internal and external individuals. The Superintendent is expected to create a collaborative environment with Blattner Energy craft, subcontractors, vendors, and the Owner to continually improve Blattner Energy’s delivery performance.
- Compares actual costs to the job estimate for specific discipline and informs the Site Manager of cost over-runs and the utilization of company resources.
Position Minimum Requirements:
- Five years’ experience supervising a construction crew and working in one of the following types of construction: grading, structural, electrical, and/or mechanical.
- Substantial construction field experience, as well as the ability to perform administrative tasks.
- Ability to supervise a large number of employees.
- Thorough knowledge of tools and equipment uses and limitations
- Possess a solid understanding of job costing.
- Ability to read and understand prints and contract documents.
- Knows and understand the required federal and state codes for the project.
- Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record (MVR).
*All job offers are contingent upon receiving a negative drug/alcohol test result and a satisfactory physical examination designed solely to determine your physical ability to perform the duties of the positing being offered to you. Field employees are subject to random drug testing.