Clean Energy Job Board
Energy Advisor- Electrification
Center for Energy and Environment is a community-based clean energy nonprofit headquartered in Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN, with satellite locations in other cities. We provide practical energy solutions for homes, businesses, and communities to cut energy waste and harmful emissions. We collaborate regularly with field peers and partners and employ curious people who enjoy learning and contributing to Minnesota's quality of life and economy. Our workplace invites open door communications, respect for diverse backgrounds and points of view, and an emphasis on work-life balance.
This position pays $25 per hour.
Energy Advisor- Electrification
Ready to be a part of the clean energy revolution? Our team is looking for an Energy Advisor - Electrification to support the startup and delivery of CEE’s work to support the City of Denver as it launches an innovative building electrification program. The Energy Advisor - Electrification will focus on engaging key stakeholders in Denver to build awareness of building electrification opportunities in the commercial and multifamily markets. We are seeking a person based in the Denver area that is motivated by our mission to catalyze the reduction of energy and carbon emissions.
This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates who wish to advance their skills and career prospects by playing a pivotal role launching and implementing programs in a rapidly growing field. Candidates with engagement and/or program administration experience in other sectors and a desire to learn about energy efficiency are encouraged to apply.
- Engage key stakeholders in the commercial and multifamily markets to build awareness of building electrification opportunities (including a specific focus on under- resourced communities)
- Serve as primary point of contact for building owners, tenant associations, property managers as they assess the electrification potential of building stock
- Build relationships with area contractors and installers to overcome barriers to electrification
- Help local businesses navigating utility program offerings and energy efficiency opportunities meetings, and establishing strategic partnerships
- Support stakeholder engagement and communication by drafting written communications, coordinating
- Support the development of new incentive programs to encourage electrification
- Support the creation of training and outreach materials, electrification evaluation criteria, incentive process development
- Work with other program partners, including the City of Denver’s Office of Climate Action, Sustainability, and Resiliency to ensure the effective implementation of electrification programs
- Track program activities and impacts to measure against key performance indicators
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of outreach experience working with diverse stakeholders including local governments, residential landlords and/or tenants, real estate sector, business groups, and/or nonprofit organizations in Colorado is strongly preferred
- Associates degree or equivalent years of experience in relevant field required
- Experience with energy, sustainability, and/or building efficiency is preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn and understand technical details
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and on a variety of tasks
- Exceptional organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize
- Exceptional competency with Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and online collaboration software such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and a variety of e-mail platforms
- This position is based in Colorado (Denver metropolitan area preferred) and will be fully remote program goals.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, outcome-driven environment with responsibilities to meet deadlines and
- Travel to participating cities for work-related meetings and tasks, as well as to Minneapolis to meet with CEE colleagues in-person as public health situation allows.
Throughout the pandemic, CEE has made the safety of our workforce our first priority. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated unless a reasonable accommodation is provided based on disability or sincerely held religious belief. Candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Apply online by visiting https://www.mncee.org/work-with-us