Clean Energy Job Board
Energy Advisor I
Franklin Energy provides our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
Negotiable based on experience.
Monday - Friday, occasional weekend travel
Specific hours flexible based on travel needs, but typically 8 AM - 5 PM
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Install energy saving products in residential homes as directed by program management
- Conduct home energy audits, including use of blower door, infrared camera, and combustion analyzer, to evaluate weatherization needs and mechanical equipment maintenance or replacement
- Promote the energy efficiency program to customers and trade allies within your assigned territory
- Understand and implement the company’s Sales Process, including but not limited to:
- Making outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets
- Managing field time effectively with customer or Trade Ally visits
- Developing and presenting program presentations to spur project activity
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects towards completion
- Work with building owners and property managers to provide energy efficiency advice and assistance in participating in energy efficiency programs
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up to customers as required
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment—i.e., lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, building and pipe insulation, and air sealing
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects which may also include collaborating with Energy Engineers as required
- Maintain professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the utility
- Build quick rapport with customers. Quickly initiate conversations with customers on site regarding energy usage at the home
- When required, provide written summary reports directly to the customer, and summary reports to the client/Program Manager
- Be able to work in a team atmosphere, and willing to collaborate on continuous improvement of operations year after year
- Assist Program Manager in the training of new team members
- Lead presentations promoting energy efficiency programs for targeted groups
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 1-2 years of experience in home energy auditing using blower door, infrared camera, and combustion analyzer
- Previous energy efficiency and/or energy modeling experience - Preferred
- Previous customer service, sales, or marketing experience
- BPI-Analyst certification - Preferred
To apply, visit http://app.jobvite.com/m?3OGsVmwI and click Apply in the upper right corner or at the bottom of the page.