Energy Assistance Specialist
The mission of Tri-CAP is to enhance and expand opportunities for the economic and social well-being of our residents and our communities.
14.79 per hour
M-F, 8:00-4:30 p.m., 40 hours
- Meet with clients in person and by phone to assist in completing applications for energy assistance.
- Process program applications through statewide eHeat software system.
- Certify applications for program eligibility and payment to vendors.
- Work with energy vendors to obtain information, make payments, process refunds, provide program updates, etc.
- Assist with training of staff, updating training materials and program procedures.
- Develop program newsletters and marketing materials.
- Conduct outreach and education activities, including presentations for various agencies and other community partners.
- Participate in data collection and program evaluation activities.
- High school equivalency and minimum of two years related work experience in human services.
- Energy assistance experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources that serve low-income populations.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, strong customer service skills.
- Strong computer (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and organizational skills required. Ability to work with multiple software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish or Somali) preferred.
Go to our website: www.tricap.org, email: email@example.com or call our office (320) 251-1612. Application deadline is Friday, September 6, 2019.