AEOA strengthens communities by providing opportunities for people experiencing social and economic challenges.
Full-time, Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week, 8 AM-4:30 PM
Promotes energy conservation in the community. Develops and maintains the dwelling workplan, job cost process, site inspections, and quality control aspects of the program. Coordinates and delivers special energy conservation programs as required by funding sources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops conservation project specifications for work plans, including material and labor needs
- Inspects electrical appliances for energy efficiency and homeowner safety
- Monitors individual residential conservation improvement jobs with regular and consistent job site inspection
- Makes referrals to rehabilitation and weatherization programs to maximize resources
- Investigates complaints filed by homeowners and mediates between homeowner and contractors
- Participates in training and technical assistance programs
- Educates the general public regarding energy conservation
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience and/or training in the building construction field required
- Supervisory and building code experience preferred
- Knowledge and skills to evaluate heating systems needed
- Regularly lifts 50 lbs. and occasionally more
- Regularly climbs ladders and enters crawl spaces
- Needed Attributes: Ability to work with diverse groups including elderly, low-income, and contractors
Apply by August 30, 2019.