Energy Civil Technician
Want to join a team that stands out? Knobelsdorff is a family built of teams, a team that stands tall on the foundation of strong work ethics, an unflinching sense of camaraderie, and a drive to GSD. Will you join us, stand tall, and be part of a proven foundation?
Information not provided
40 hours per week
Under the direction of the project lead you facilitate the civil construction scope of solar electrical construction projects. Utilize an in depth understanding of Knobelsdorff processes and procedures to ensure projects are completed accurately, on-time.
- Willingness to assist with other aspects of photovoltaic construction when civil work has been completed.
- Experience with construction heavy equipment (ex. Bull Dozer, Excavator, Forklift), machinery, power tools and hand tools.
- Ability to perform civil work including; trenching, digging, running conduit.
- Experience preparing, loading, transporting, unloading and materials to facilitate construction on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of current civil construction best practices.
- Experience with the interpretation of drawings, current construction methods, specifying and ordering materials, tools and equipment.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to train apprentices and other team members.
- Competency in Microsoft applications included Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our project system.
- Ability to create a site layout from construction drawings.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time, out of town, and work unpredictable hours.
- Ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 75lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Additional duties as assigned.