Energy Conservation Specialist
Sustainable Resources Center, Inc. (SRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the cause of Healthy Homes. Our mission is to create healthy and energy efficient home environments in partnership with families and communities. Our vision is that all families live in homes that are energy efficient; free of excess moisture, mold, toxins, and pests; and have clean indoor air.
SALARY RANGE: $52,000 - $58,000 DOQ EXCELLENT, FULL BENEFIT PACKAGE
Primarily Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week. Flexible Schedule
- Performs 4 to 5 on-site energy audits per week following the MN Weatherization Assistance Program protocol. Includes inspection and analysis of building envelope, heating systems, electrical, plumbing and all other aspects of building characteristics that may be considered for home improvement, with an emphasis on energy conservation.
- Use a wide variety of testing and diagnostic equipment (blower door, infrared cameras, and furnace testing equipment, CO testing, oxygen, efficiency tests) for the purposes of identifying energy conservation potential and unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Complete data entry into program specific software per program requirements.
- Create work orders for mechanical and insulation contractors.
- Assist in the tracking of contractor progress on issued work orders.
- Make and receive phone calls to/from clients and contractors.
- Conduct Quality Control Inspections following the MN Weatherization Assistance Program protocol.
- Responsible for knowing MN State Weatherization Policy Manual program rules and guidelines.
- Occasionally must be available for some client-required evening or weekend appointments.
- Must be able to relate to, and communicate effectively with, varied socio-economic individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Currently certified as a Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst and/or Building Performance Institute - Quality Control Inspector (QCI), or be willing to become certified within 180 days.
- Prefer experience in residential energy auditing, including US DOE Weatherization Protocol and furnace testing experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer skills and high comfort level with modern office technology are needed.
- Must have and maintain a current MN Class D Driver’s License
- Must have and maintain means of transportation to and from project locations – mileage reimbursement available.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds. Must be able to crawl, climb, and otherwise move about in confined spaces, often dusty and dirty work sites.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, email to .