Clean Energy Job Board
Energy Conservation Specialist
Sustainable Resources Center, Inc. (SRC) is a Minneapolis non-profit that seeks to create healthy and energy efficient home environments in partnership with families and communities. Our vision is that all families live in homes that are safe, energy efficient, have clean indoor air, and are free of excess moisture, mold, toxins, and pests. If you’d like a job where you can help make that a reality for your neighbors, read on!
Flexible start and end times can be arranged with approval of the program director; 8 hours daily, Monday - Friday is expected.
SRC is seeking an Energy Conservation Specialist to join our Energy Programs team. Under the direction of the Director of Weatherization, this position performs field inspections, calculates energy savings, determines cost-effective and practical repairs, completes data entry, creates work orders for contractors, and educates low-income clients on utility bills.
- Perform 4 to 5 on-site energy audits per week following the MN Weatherization Assistance Program protocol. Includes inspection and analysis of building envelope, heating systems, electrical, plumbing and all other aspects of building characteristics that may be considered for home improvement, with an emphasis on energy conservation.
- Use a wide variety of testing and diagnostic equipment (blower door, infrared cameras, and furnace testing equipment, CO testing, oxygen, efficiency tests) for the purposes of identifying energy conservation potential and unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Complete data entry into program specific software per program requirements.
- Create work orders for mechanical and insulation contractors.
- Assist in the tracking of contractor progress on issued work orders.
- Make and receive phone calls to/from clients and contractors.
- Conduct Quality Control Inspections following the MN Weatherization Assistance Program protocol.
- Responsible for knowing MN State Weatherization Policy Manual program rules and guidelines.
- Occasionally must be available for some client-required evening or weekend appointments.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Currently certified as a Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst and/or Building Performance Institute - Quality Control Inspector (QCI), or willing to become certified within 180 days.
- Able to relate to and communicate effectively with individuals from many different cultures and socioeconomic situations.
- Strength to lift 75 pounds.
- Able to crawl, climb, and otherwise move about in confined spaces, often dusty and dirty work sites.
- Computer skills and high comfort level with modern office technology are needed.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION: Experience in residential energy auditing including US DOE Weatherization Protocol, and furnace testing experience.
This is a full-time position eligible for paid time off, vacation, paid holidays, 401K with employer match, medical and dental insurance, and employer-paid life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability benefits, and a cell phone stipend.
Energy Conservation Specialists drive their own vehicles throughout the community to visit our clients. Applicants will need a valid driver’s license, a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of our insurer, and daily access to an insured vehicle. Mileage is reimbursed at federal rates.
PLEASE NOTE: Full COVID-19 vaccination by the start of employment is required for the safety of our staff and clients. Requests for accommodations for disability-related or religious reasons can be discussed after an offer of employment has been made. 100% of our staff is vaccinated.
How To Apply:
To be considered please email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] or by standard mail to: Human Resources, Sustainable Resources Center, 1081 10th Ave SE., Minneapolis, MN 55414.
SRC is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages women and BIPOC to apply.