Clean Energy Job Board
Energy Conservation Specialist – Weatherization
Sustainable Resources Center, Inc. (SRC) is a vibrant 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the cause of healthy homes. Our mission is to create healthy and energy efficient home environments in partnership with families and communities. We believe that everyone has the right to live in a safe, efficient and healthy home. Our vision is that all families live in homes that are energy efficient, free of excess moisture, mold, toxins, and pests, and have clean indoor air.
$52,000 - $62,400 DOQ. Benefits package includes vacation, paid time off, sick time, substantially reduced cost medical, free dental, free life, long- and short-term disability insurance.
Eight (8) hours daily, Monday through Friday, with very occasional evening or weekend hours
This position performs field inspections, calculates energy savings, determines cost-effective and practical repairs, completes data entry, creates work orders for contractors, and educates low-income clients on utility bills.
- Performs 4 to 5 on-site energy audits per week following the MN Weatherization Assistance Program protocol. Includes inspection and analysis of building envelope, heating systems, electrical, plumbing and all other aspects of building characteristics that may be considered for home improvement, with an emphasis on energy conservation.
- Use a wide variety of testing and diagnostic equipment (blower door, infrared cameras, and furnace testing equipment, CO testing, oxygen, efficiency tests) for the purposes of identifying energy conservation potential and unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Complete data entry into program specific software per program requirements.
- Create work orders for mechanical and insulation contractors.
- Assist in the tracking of contractor progress on issued work orders.
- Make and receive phone calls to/from clients and contractors.
- Conduct Quality Control Inspections following the MN Weatherization Assistance Program protocol.
- Responsible for knowing MN State Weatherization Policy Manual program rules and guidelines.
- Occasionally must be available for some client-required evening or weekend appointments.
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
- Must have your own vehicle to make regular in-home visits.
- Must be able to relate to and communicate effectively with varied socio-economic individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds. Must be able to crawl, climb, and otherwise move about in confined spaces, often dusty and dirty work sites.
- Computer skills and high comfort level with modern office technology are needed.
- Prefer experience in residential energy auditing, including US DOE Weatherization Protocol and furnace testing experience.
- Prefer someone who is currently certified as one or more of the following Building Performance Institute (BPI) Certifications:
- Building Analyst
- HEP Energy Auditor
- Quality Control Inspector (QCI)
- or be willing to become BPI-HEP Energy Auditor certified within 180 days.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, email to HR@src-mn.org. No phone calls, please.